Tag Archives: SEO
Posted on 27. Jun, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
June’s workshop was an amazing event, thank you to everyone who invested 4 days to come along and learn. We hope you learned some excellent strategies and got to meet some fantastic people.
Here are some of the highlights of the event for those of you who couldn’t make this one:
– Andrew and Daryl as always gave 110% and because there were so many questions, some of the days didn’t end up finishing until 6-6:30! We had a mixed contingent of participants from all industries who all had a great time getting to know each other.
– Our Business Builder Competition was a huge hit, this time with a slightly different format. Andrew and Daryl interviewed the business builders about their journey since coming to the workshop. Although the format was different, the presentations still all delivered. We had 6 inspiring journies shared with us. Special thanks to Julie Hillier, Gail Bennell, Julie Lewin, Matt and Liz Raad, Galia Cornish and Terri Nicholson for their presentations. This was the closest competition ever, with just a handful of votes separating the top 4 competitors. And after the afternoon tea break we had a dead heat count for first place! A last minute voting form came in to crown Julie Lewin the winning business builder. Congratulations Julie!
– Our major showbag prize draw was highly anticipated, with over $20,000 worth of amazing gifts and prizes for one lucky winner. The prize included a sexy top of the line iPad mini, mentoring, courses, a day with Andre and Daryl, flights and even a gorgeous weekend away at the Palazzo Versace. Needless to say everyone in the room was sending out positive karma when the winning entry was pulled out from the barrel. Congratulations to Julie Warren for sticking around for the entire workshop and being the lucky winner! You have won a life changing suite of prizes, we hope you enjoy them.
– Guest speakers Matt and Liz Raad, Bret Thomson and Kim Atkins joined in the fun by sharing their pearls of wisdom at the workshop. Matt and Liz are renowned for their teachings on buying and selling websites which many found very enlightening. Bret spilled the beans on the latest cutting edge copywriting techniques and Kim updated everybody on some of the latest and best SEO models that are working well for taking businesses online profitably.
– The cocktail party at skypoint on level 77 at Q1 was a spectacular way to network and get to know everyone a little better, with some of the best views of the Gold Coast at night. Lots of great conversations, exchanging of business cards and potential joint ventures formed. Thanks to everyone who attended!
Whether you’ve joined OurInternetSecrets, The Freedom Club or just took away a goldmine of cool ideas to implement, we hope to see you around somewhere in cyberspace or a future event.
More details to come shortly on the next workshop!
Posted on 07. Feb, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
We’re always testing new marketing tactics on our various internet businesses. Last week we came up with a real winner! Within just 7 minutes of implementation we were number one on YouTube AND Google for the top keyword phrase in our niche!
(By the way, we’ll be demonstrating what we did in detail at the next Our Internet Secrets workshop. If you haven’t yet booked, here’s the link again:
So what did we do to get to the top of Google so fast? Here are the steps we took:
1. Use the Google Keyword tool to find a relevant four-word phrase in your niche that has several thousand searches per month
2. Create a short video (2-3 minutes) with a call to action to go to the website. We used a great free tool called “Go Animate” to create a video in about 20 minutes.
3. Upload the video to YouTube, using a very specific formula for the title, description, tags, etc (too much to go into here – we’ll show you exactly what we did at the event)
4. View the video in a couple of different browsers
5. “Ping” the page, so Google knows your video exists (again, we’ll demo this at the event)
Result? Within 7 minutes we were at number one on YouTube, above a video of Steve Jobs that had over 16 million views!
The cool thing is, once you’re number one or two on YouTube, you are usually also on the first page of Google for the same phrase! And if you have a link from the video to your website, then it’s a great free-traffic generator.
Now we’re excited to share exactly what we did (plus a bunch of other new marketing tactics!) with the people who join us at the next Our Internet Secrets workshop.
Here are the details and booking link again:
Dates: 22-25 February
Venue: Mantra Legends, Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast
And here’s the link to book:
Remember, as a client of ours you qualify for two tickets to this info-packed event (there are still a few seats left):
Andrew and Daryl Grant
PS: We shared the YouTube strategy with a few of our coaching clients last week, and many of them are already having success with it. Here are some comments from those who learned it:
“The Youtube strategy is so simple and so quick! I can see it’s very easy to implement.”
Lisa Howell, Mermaid Waters, Queensland
“The Youtube videos are fast, easy to implement and obviously work!”
Heather Fields, Buderim, Queensland
“Great opportunity to quickly develop a warm list using Youtube videos.”
Peter Doogan, Monbulk, Victoria
“I loved the Youtube strategy. Quick, easy and effective.”
Min Collie-Holmes, Gold Coast Hinterland, Queensland
“Like the Youtube video creation. I can understand the logic behind it.”
Louis Grey, Brisbane, Queensland