Tag Archives: online business
Posted on 03. Oct, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
Do you have a product, membership site or service you’d like to sell on a larger scale?
Speaking from the stage can make a huge difference to your ability to build relationships and get your message across quickly.
It has far more impact than a written sales letter ever could deliver, and as a result you can expect much higher conversion rates to your audiences. this has been proven time and time again.
Key considerations are which audiences that might be a good fit, getting your foot in the door to speak to them and tailoring your presentation and your sales pitch to target them!
In this post let’s examine some fundamentals of speaking. There are 2 possibilities when speaking:
Being a guest speaker at others’ events
We recommend starting by speaking at others events, since setting up your own initially can be costly and time intensive, especially if you haven’t done it before. Marketing and promotion to get enough people in the room can also require substantial investments in time and money. All of this detracts from what your main purpose should be, which is to deliver a powerful and compelling presentation.
Obviously, speaking at someone else’s event usually goes hand in hand with profit sharing any of the sales you do make, but it is a good tradeoff, especially if you’re just getting started. As you get more experience and generate more sales, you should ideally aim to speak at your own independently run events.
Running your Own events
Nothing sells better than your own event since your own attendees know, like and hopefully trust you! You can control the environment, timelines, change your offer to suit the audience and generally have alot more flexibility as compared to someone else’s event.
Structuring Your Killer Presentation
The structure of your talk is critical to getting your attendees to take action. A great talk will make people feel they’ve been educated but also feel compelled to take you up on your offer. Here’s a formula that has made us alot of money. We follow it by the book and it never fails to produce some great conversions.
- 10-15 minutes – introducing you and building your credibility
You want to be telling people why they want to be listening to you. Daryl and I talk about when we were just where you are. We then say ‘here’s why you should listen to us’ and tell them the story of where we were, where we have come from, and now where we are now. We provide proof of what it is that we now do, since we’re really selling the ‘Lifestyle’. We show photos of the lifestyle. When we travel we deliberately take photos and videos for our promo material.
Proof and credibility can also come from being on another person’s stage, so don’t be afraid to have the person introducing you to say during the introduction. Some people will be fine and will read it; others won’t use it at all.
- 30-60 minutes of content (structured like your free content page, ie., steps or keys to success)
You want to model your free content page on this concept:
- Here’s the problem
- Aggravate the problem
- Provide a solution
- Provide proof
- 15-20 minutes close
You’ve talked about the solution. Tell them, if you want to take this further, and x is great for you – here’s how you can take it to the next step.
Whoever has been interested in your talk at this point would be prime candidates for listening to your offer. This is also a good point to transition to your offer.
Make sure you have timed your talk. This is a mistake that newbie’s do. Do not go over time! If they say you have 60 minutes, and you get to 45 minutes and you haven’t got to all your content yet…. start your close immediately! NEVER run out of time to do your close.
We print out our PowerPoint slides and write a time on the PowerPoint slide so we know where we are in our talk. Don’t surprise yourself at the end and run out of time.
Generally people choke on the close and they’ll subconsciously try to avoid the close. The best way to get this smooth is to practise it on someone before you get up on stage.
We’ve spoken from the stage successfully and many of our students have also been successful spreading their message in front of audiences. It’s not that daunting once you’ve done a few!
Join us at the next 4 Day workshop (free entry for all clients of ours) where we teach you other proven strategies to market and monetise your web presence. It’ll be the best workshop of its kind that you’ll attend!
Click the image below to register:
Posted on 27. Jun, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
June’s workshop was an amazing event, thank you to everyone who invested 4 days to come along and learn. We hope you learned some excellent strategies and got to meet some fantastic people.
Here are some of the highlights of the event for those of you who couldn’t make this one:
– Andrew and Daryl as always gave 110% and because there were so many questions, some of the days didn’t end up finishing until 6-6:30! We had a mixed contingent of participants from all industries who all had a great time getting to know each other.
– Our Business Builder Competition was a huge hit, this time with a slightly different format. Andrew and Daryl interviewed the business builders about their journey since coming to the workshop. Although the format was different, the presentations still all delivered. We had 6 inspiring journies shared with us. Special thanks to Julie Hillier, Gail Bennell, Julie Lewin, Matt and Liz Raad, Galia Cornish and Terri Nicholson for their presentations. This was the closest competition ever, with just a handful of votes separating the top 4 competitors. And after the afternoon tea break we had a dead heat count for first place! A last minute voting form came in to crown Julie Lewin the winning business builder. Congratulations Julie!
– Our major showbag prize draw was highly anticipated, with over $20,000 worth of amazing gifts and prizes for one lucky winner. The prize included a sexy top of the line iPad mini, mentoring, courses, a day with Andre and Daryl, flights and even a gorgeous weekend away at the Palazzo Versace. Needless to say everyone in the room was sending out positive karma when the winning entry was pulled out from the barrel. Congratulations to Julie Warren for sticking around for the entire workshop and being the lucky winner! You have won a life changing suite of prizes, we hope you enjoy them.
– Guest speakers Matt and Liz Raad, Bret Thomson and Kim Atkins joined in the fun by sharing their pearls of wisdom at the workshop. Matt and Liz are renowned for their teachings on buying and selling websites which many found very enlightening. Bret spilled the beans on the latest cutting edge copywriting techniques and Kim updated everybody on some of the latest and best SEO models that are working well for taking businesses online profitably.
– The cocktail party at skypoint on level 77 at Q1 was a spectacular way to network and get to know everyone a little better, with some of the best views of the Gold Coast at night. Lots of great conversations, exchanging of business cards and potential joint ventures formed. Thanks to everyone who attended!
Whether you’ve joined OurInternetSecrets, The Freedom Club or just took away a goldmine of cool ideas to implement, we hope to see you around somewhere in cyberspace or a future event.
More details to come shortly on the next workshop!