Tag Archives: money mindset
Posted on 03. Sep, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
Failure is an integral part of your success and everyone has to experience it at some point. Today we want to look at managing failure and ask “how do successful people manage failure?”
Hello, Andrew Grant here with a special guest post today!
Whatever path you choose in life, you’ll have to deal with roadblocks and challenges. Having owned and run several successful businesses and having helped clients in all industries succeed, one of the key attributes is learning how to ‘fail’ like a champion!
Today I’d like to share some key thoughts on the topic of embracing failures as part of your journey.
Over time I’ve had a number of people coming to me and they’ve been disappointed that things haven’t worked – even though they have done everything right. They’ve followed the system – but it didn’t work.
The difference between success and failure – is how you manage yourself at this point.
How you fail and manage this failure gives you the foundation for how you succeed in the future. In other words – how you manage failure is your measure.
When we use the word failure – this is what we are talking about. If you have a successful mindset you are probably not relating to this word at all. The real successful people – relate to failure – as another step in the process. It’s not an end in itself.
To give you an example of this:
• The inventor of the light bulb – Thomas Edison – is reported to have tried over 2,000 different ways of making the light bulb work.
• I want you to think back yourself – when was the last time you tried something 2,000 – getting 1,999 failures and were still encouraged to move onto the next step?
• How does someone like Thomas Edison – keep going 2000 particularly if someone is saying that it can’t be done.
• There are a whole bunch of reasons why Thomas Edison could have given up – but he didn’t.
• “I’m not discouraged because with every wrong step I’ve just found 10,000 ways to make it work!”
• Many of lifes failures are because they did not realize how close they were to success before they gave up.
How can some people make Internet businesses work – and other people don’t?!
Daryl and I give say 10 people a step by step process – and there will be 10 different interpretations of what we have said. People interpret what they want to into things and put their own slant on it. This is not a bad thing – it’s what makes us unique. If you give a song to 10 artists – they’ll interpret it in 10 different ways
When it comes to a process or formula – sometimes the slant or access we put on that formula has a crippling effect to the outcome of that system. I ask people – how much is your success due to what you know or what you think you know and your attitude. 90% comes down to your mind set.
The how to is a small part of the overall success – so if you are bringing your headspace to it with the right attitude – then you need to understand that this is a big part of your success factor. Sometimes it’s not just good enough to do the steps, you have to do the steps with the right intent. Understand failure is part of that.
Daryl and I tell you when launching into a new niche – out of 20 possible ideas when we are originally brainstorming – 1 is a goer. When we put those 20 down on paper – we think they are all great. In fact, some that generally fail – I often think are fantastic. Inherently, we have 19 failures to one success. You want to fail small and quickly and roll out and consolidate on the big winners.
Recognise that you are going to have some failures – and not everything is going to work. Don’t get hung up on the failures and don’t take it personally and certainly don’t take it as an indictment of who you are! Champions know they are champions – they have a belief that they have failed in an attempt at that point – but they are not a failure.
How do you think about yourself when something fails – do you think “I am not very clever” or “I can’t do this”? Where is your head when you can’t get something to work for you? Most other people look outside themselves and blame others. Don’t fall prey to the victim mindset. It doesn’t serve you and does not exist in a successful persons mindset.
Whenever you do something new or challenging and get outside your comfort zone – this is when this stuff crops up.
This is certainly true for Daryl and I. For me – being in business is one of the best personal development courses out there. If you really want even more of a challenge go into business with your partner!
We have a couple of processes to identify the problem and to change it. One we use and endorse is described below:
This technique is a 7 step process.
Once you identify an issue – that goes a long way towards solving it – we find it super charges the results if you change it and replace it with something else. this is because unless you shift the problem at a subconscious level you don’t make much change.
The Sedona Method works very quickly and another method is time tracking – it is a longer method, but works very effectively. The first time I did this I felt it was too easy – and couldn’t possibly have worked. It makes a huge difference – don’t be surprised though if at first it doesn’t feel like it has made a difference.
Get into a relaxed state – into your alpha or meditative state – you need to have time to spend on you, in a place where you can’t be interrupted.
If you identify that the belief is not still serving you, you can change it using the Sedona method:
1. Describe the emotion (eg frustration, shame)—what does it look like, how big is it, what colour is it?
2. Put your hand on where the emotion sits in your body. It may be a grey thing – clutched around your throat – or a heavy basketball in your stomach – or a restricting wetsuit.
a. Visualise it
b. In a meditative state – really experience it as something real
c. Then answer these questions:
3. If you were given the opportunity to let this feeling go, could you?
4. If you were given the opportunity to let this feeling go, would you?
5. If you would let it go, when would you?
a. If 3, 4 and 5 is yes – go to step 6
6. Use a symbolic way to let go of that feeling – feel yourself and visualise yourself getting rid of it.
a. Once you’ve done that it’s important to fill the vacuum with something.
b. Use a symbolic way to replace the old feeling with a new feeling, to fill the vacuum
c. If you don’t replace it with something else – it will come back.
7. Repeat the process if the feeling has moved but is not yet positive, eg moved from fear to anxiety.
a. Sometimes you have diminished it – but it’s still negative
b. Go through the steps again and work on the new feeling and replace it with a positive one
It can be done in 10-15 minutes. I use this and it makes a world of difference.
Remember, if you are not failing – you are probably not doing anything!
To me that is scarier than not doing anything!
A FULL Day of Mindset Training with Me
From the 8th-11th November, Daryl and I will be sharing with you the system that has enabled us to create a successful business (so you don’t have to fail!!!).
If you come along, follow the steps Daryl and I will teach, you’ll give yourself a great chance of getting ahead and learning from our failures! I can guarantee it will be worth your while. Secure your seat NOW as tickets are getting gobbled up quickly! On Day 4 we spend nearly the entire day on mindset.
I look forward to seeing you there!
Posted on 23. Jul, 2012 by Our Internet Secrets.
This is a quick reminder to book for the Our Internet Secrets workshop if you haven’t done so already. As a reader of the OIS blog you get two tickets to this workshop (valued at $1997) on 27-30 July at the luxurious Q1 Resort and Spa in Surfers Paradise.
We already have over 420 people booked, so please be quick, as there are only a handful of seats left. Here’s the booking link:
Here are just some of the highlights that you can expect when you come along:
• The workshop takes you step-by-step through the systems we use to create internet businesses – from little projects that you can set up on a Saturday afternoon, to multi-million-dollar businesses. We show you in detail what you need to do from start to finish.
• We’ll show you what’s working right now in terms of marketing. You know how quickly things change online? We know it can be hard to keep up. So we’ll make it easy for you, and show you the systems that are giving us (and our clients) the best results.
• You walk out at the end of the event with your very own 12 month plan, so you can use what you’ve learned to create the lifestyle you’re after. Whether you want to “sack the boss” and create your own business, create a passive income so you can retire early, or just make a bit of extra cash on the side, you’ll know exactly what you need to do to achieve it.
• You get to meet lots of people who are successfully applying what they’ve learned from us. They share with you their journey – what they did, their hurdles and their successes. We find this is the best way to learn – from people who are out their doing it every day.
• We also have a heap of fun, with prizes and giveaways. And remember, everyone that attends has a chance of winning our Major prize worth over $100,000 – but you need to be there to win!
Here’s the booking link again:
Secure your seat for an AMAZING event… See you there!
Posted on 24. Apr, 2012 by Our Internet Secrets.
This weekend, OIS hosted it’s first 3 Day event with Warren Black on How To Legally Reduce Your Tax. This wss a BONUS event over and above what OIS members are normally offered with their private workshops.
Warren (pictured) is not only a certified accountant and lawyer, but he’d also spent a decade working for the ATO, so he brought a wealth of experience to the stage.
Warren shared some astounding facts and strategies that most accountants and lawyers just don’t know. He also spoke about some excellent strategies when dealing with ASIC, the ATO and debt collectors.
Some of the other topics that fascinated the audience included:
– How to setup companies and trusts correctly so there’s no loopholes
– The most commonly missed tax deductions
– Cutting edge and legal offshore strategies relating to asset protection and taxation
– The Mindset and Strategies of the super rich when it comes to tax minimisation
Warren stated most people have their heads in the sand about tax and legal issues and most people are sitting ducks when it comes to being protected. He shared case study after case study of real life situations where people did not take charge and it came back to bite them. Riveting though they were, it was also heartbreaking and a little scary to hear what has happened. He also said most people stick their heads in the sand about these issues, and it was time to wake up!
Andrew spoke on two sessions about mindset relating to tax and money. He said that you can learn all the strategies you like, but if you’re not in the right mindset then the information more often than not would go to waste. We did several exercise addressing our associations and feelings towards tax, and also explored his formula on how to move your comfort zone to a new level.
We had people from all industries come and got some great feedback from everyone who attended. Who would have thought tax could be such an exciting topic?!!
**The winner of our testimonial competition will be announced shortly on this blog, and will win 1 hour with Warren for a personal consultation. Thanks to everyone who gave a written or video testimonial!
**If you missed the workshop, we will keep you posted if the DVDs ever become available. Due to the sensitive nature of the information, it will need to be heavily edited before being released publicly. We will also need to ensure all parties are happy before anything is publicly released.
At this stage, No future workshop with Warren is planned at present. We may be doing another one in future but no set time, but keep your eye out just in case and be sure to book in quick if it ever does come back!