Tag Archives: business marketing
Posted on 03. Oct, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
Do you have a product, membership site or service you’d like to sell on a larger scale?
Speaking from the stage can make a huge difference to your ability to build relationships and get your message across quickly.
It has far more impact than a written sales letter ever could deliver, and as a result you can expect much higher conversion rates to your audiences. this has been proven time and time again.
Key considerations are which audiences that might be a good fit, getting your foot in the door to speak to them and tailoring your presentation and your sales pitch to target them!
In this post let’s examine some fundamentals of speaking. There are 2 possibilities when speaking:
Being a guest speaker at others’ events
We recommend starting by speaking at others events, since setting up your own initially can be costly and time intensive, especially if you haven’t done it before. Marketing and promotion to get enough people in the room can also require substantial investments in time and money. All of this detracts from what your main purpose should be, which is to deliver a powerful and compelling presentation.
Obviously, speaking at someone else’s event usually goes hand in hand with profit sharing any of the sales you do make, but it is a good tradeoff, especially if you’re just getting started. As you get more experience and generate more sales, you should ideally aim to speak at your own independently run events.
Running your Own events
Nothing sells better than your own event since your own attendees know, like and hopefully trust you! You can control the environment, timelines, change your offer to suit the audience and generally have alot more flexibility as compared to someone else’s event.
Structuring Your Killer Presentation
The structure of your talk is critical to getting your attendees to take action. A great talk will make people feel they’ve been educated but also feel compelled to take you up on your offer. Here’s a formula that has made us alot of money. We follow it by the book and it never fails to produce some great conversions.
- 10-15 minutes – introducing you and building your credibility
You want to be telling people why they want to be listening to you. Daryl and I talk about when we were just where you are. We then say ‘here’s why you should listen to us’ and tell them the story of where we were, where we have come from, and now where we are now. We provide proof of what it is that we now do, since we’re really selling the ‘Lifestyle’. We show photos of the lifestyle. When we travel we deliberately take photos and videos for our promo material.
Proof and credibility can also come from being on another person’s stage, so don’t be afraid to have the person introducing you to say during the introduction. Some people will be fine and will read it; others won’t use it at all.
- 30-60 minutes of content (structured like your free content page, ie., steps or keys to success)
You want to model your free content page on this concept:
- Here’s the problem
- Aggravate the problem
- Provide a solution
- Provide proof
- 15-20 minutes close
You’ve talked about the solution. Tell them, if you want to take this further, and x is great for you – here’s how you can take it to the next step.
Whoever has been interested in your talk at this point would be prime candidates for listening to your offer. This is also a good point to transition to your offer.
Make sure you have timed your talk. This is a mistake that newbie’s do. Do not go over time! If they say you have 60 minutes, and you get to 45 minutes and you haven’t got to all your content yet…. start your close immediately! NEVER run out of time to do your close.
We print out our PowerPoint slides and write a time on the PowerPoint slide so we know where we are in our talk. Don’t surprise yourself at the end and run out of time.
Generally people choke on the close and they’ll subconsciously try to avoid the close. The best way to get this smooth is to practise it on someone before you get up on stage.
We’ve spoken from the stage successfully and many of our students have also been successful spreading their message in front of audiences. It’s not that daunting once you’ve done a few!
Join us at the next 4 Day workshop (free entry for all clients of ours) where we teach you other proven strategies to market and monetise your web presence. It’ll be the best workshop of its kind that you’ll attend!
Click the image below to register:
Posted on 25. Sep, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
Joint Ventures are one of the main strategies we’ve used to grow our business into a 7 Figure business. Whenever we 80/20 our marketing strategies, Joint Ventures almost always reach the top!
When you have a product that you’ve worked hard on, and someone else can profit from them by a simple mailout to their list, JVs are a quick, easy and powerful way to create win-win relationships.
We’ve used Joint Ventures to promote and market our events, membership sites, ebooks and coaching. They’re also highly cost effective and if you’ve picked your partners and audiences carefully can have a good conversion rate, since there is usually a good relationship that exists between your JV partner and their list.
So lets look at some fundamental concepts if you’re new to the idea of Joint Ventures.
Why do joint ventures with list owners?
• It’s easy to find your customers
• It becomes a targeted list
- They are generally qualified buys
- They have proven before that they are interested in the topic
- It makes your chances of getting a sale a lot greater
• Value of relationship vs. cold calling
- You can ride off the existing relationship the JV partner has with their list
- If you do a JV with someone who has a bad relationship with their list – your relationship with them can sour
- You need to think about the quality of the list
- How responsive is the list?
• Provides credibility via association with “trusted friend and advisor”
• Low cost marketing
- The money is paid after the sale has been done
- This helps your cash flow
- You don’t necessarily have to pay the JV partner – they sometimes just want to know that you are looking after their clients
- Some JVs are not allowed to take money
- Sometimes these are government departments
We’ve done things where we’ve provided service to government departments, and we said we’re happy to pay you a part of what we make. They can’t take it because it is seen as a bribe.
What makes a good JV partner?
• Relevance to your topic
• Complementary rather than competing
- If you are their competitor – make your offer or what you are talking about so that it complements what they are doing – rather than seeing you as a competitor!
• Size of list
- Access to a large list is fantastic
- But what makes it valuable is the size x the relationship with the list
• Relationship with their list
- The relationship of the list is very key to your success with a Joint Venture!
• Willingness to JV with you
- You may need to step some people through the benefits of a Joint Venture.
Where and How To Find List Owners
• People you know
- Write down a list of everyone who might be worth approaching for a JV.
- Approach the relevant associations that are in your niche
• Free publicity – people approach you
- Look at newspapers, articles – keep your ears open for people who may have a list
- When you get free publicity you get known and people will start approaching you
- A good way of doing expos is to get a stall
- Go around and talk to each of the stall owners. Let them know you do, exchange contact details and follow them up after the event.
- Some of our students have done this and come away with 50-60 hot JV leads
- So long as you are not a direct competitor – they will love to talk to you
• Online – sellers of eBooks, site owners, forum or blog owners
- Approach them in a personal way and make it a win for them aswell.
• eBay is often an overlooked opportunity
- it is a transparent platform and you can see who are the top sellers in eBay over the rest of the sellers
- Find the top sellers in your niche or related niche’s and see if they’d be open to doing a JV of sorts.
- Eg.: Handbags – www.becomestylish.com – go to eBay and find the top sellers on eBay and approach them. Ask them what is the only way that you can compete with your opposition. Tell them “If I could give you something that would make your sale more likely against your competitor or if could I give your customers something to make your product more attractive to them, would you be interested in teaming up?” It is low cost to you but perceive high value to them.
• Www.Technorati.com – this is a search engine that ranks blogs. You can find the top blogs in your niche and they may want you to do articles for them.
• Buy the list
- You can do this on www.flippa.com – buy a site that has a big volume of traffic each month
- Or buy a site that has a list
- And tell them about what you have on your site
How to approach list owners and what to offer
• Go in with the attitude “I’m giving you something of value here”
• Don’t always need to offer an affiliate link
• Understand what’s in it for them – great free content for their members
o Do some research about the potential JV
o Craft an offer that is likely to hit the spot for them
• Make it easy for them to participate
o Do all the work for them – they just need to send out the autoresponder
o The chances are you are more likely to get a YES if you handle most of the workload for them
• Wherever possible, collect the money and you pay them
o Where you control the money is better for you
o At times the money doesn’t always make it to you at times
How to approach the JV’s list
• Send an email series with a link to your landing page
• Email series with link to an event (teleconference, webinar, workshop) where you sell your membership site
• Interview (with a call to action to join your membership site), promoted to JV list via email, blog, social media
• Launch your membership site to several lists at once with special bonuses
• Give them a DVD or CD (with a call to action to join your membership site) to put in their hard copy newsletter
• Give an eBay seller or retail store owner a DVD or CD to include as a bonus with their products
• Give vouchers for one month free membership to a JV who sells a big pack
• Give vouchers for one month free to a JV who regularly sees your clients (eg., a Naturopath)
- Eg., if you have a membership site – www.parkinsonsrecoveryprogram.com – and you have a practitioner who sees your client regularly – they could recommend the product as a free trial
There is a 2 day workshop on Joint Ventures in Our Internet Secrets, make sure you check it out!
So there you have it, some key principles and tips that have been highly profitable for both our clients and for ourselves.
Come along to our next 4 Day workshop, the breeding ground for some of the most profitable Joint Ventures we’ve ever seen! You just never know who you’re going to meet.
Free tickets to our FINAL event of the year, click below:
Posted on 24. Sep, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
Have you booked for our 4 Day internet marketing workshop yet? If you’re keen on having a successful internet business and would like some practical, step-by-step training, then we’d love to see you there.
It’s on 8-11th November at Mantra legends, Surfers Paradise, Queensland.
To reserve a place for you and a friend, please go to the link below and fill in your details. Once you’ve done this your place will be confirmed.
Here’s what we’ll be covering.
The workshop is based around the 3 keys to a successful online business:
– Product (What do you sell? What niche?)
– Traffic (How to get targeted buyers to your website)
– Conversions (How to get them to buy once they get there)
Specifically, here’s what we’ll be covering:
– Where to start if you’ve never made money online before.
– How to build powerful little money-earning web-businesses that are so simple you can set them up on a Saturday afternoon.
– A live demo of an easy-do-do web-strategy which made us US$250,000 in our first 12 months from a standing start.
– How to quickly and easily create websites that generate passive income – set them up once, and they chug away making money day-in, day-out, with little or no further effort from you. (These strategies make us tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars a year).
– More advanced strategies that can take your income up to the next level. Over the last four years we’ve perfected a business model that’s made us many millions of dollars. We’ve also taught that business system to others, and they’ve made hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars from it.
– How to identify and eliminate any sub-conscious blockages you may have to earning passive income. This was a very important key to our success. We’ll show you the exercises we still do today to keep our internet business growing, and more importantly to keep the passive income flowing.
– How to plan and implement your overall internet business, so that you build a secure, ongoing income. We believe that planning is essential if you want consistent, long term internet income you can rely on.
We believe that now more than ever it’s vital for you to have a second (and third, and fourth…) stream of income. For us, it’s the internet that provides that sort of security. Imagine having several internet businesses each bringing in a few hundred, or even a few thousand dollars a month. What would that do for your peace of mind?
What’s stopping you?
If you’re like most of the people we talk to about this, then the answer comes down to one of two things:
- “I don’t know where to start with an internet business” or
- “I have an internet business but it’s not making enough money and I don’t know how to improve it”
If you are in either of these categories, then these workshops are designed to help you.
Andrew and Daryl
Posted on 06. Jul, 2010 by Our Internet Secrets.
Hullo … back again with some more jewels for you. Its been an interesting week for questions at the help desk.
Jewel #3 – Sales Letters – How Long Should They Be
I had a question last week about how long should your sales letter be when doing online marketing. The answer to this question is “as long as it needs to be”.
Its not about how long the sales letter should be … you need to be asking yourself – “Is my sales letter boring?”
You have to capture the attention of your internet audience. Here are some key points to help you:
- compelling headline – this is the most important part of your letter – because if you can’t get their attention here, people will click off and not get to read anymore
- engaging story – or what is also referred to as your “hook”. This draws people into a journey about what you are selling
- powerful bullets – use bullet points to highlight the features and benefits of your product
- awesome offer – this is very important … you want to be giving extraordinary value and have your potential customer say to themselves “I’d be stupid if I didn’t buy!”
- outrageous guarantee – when you sell a product that really does what you claim – make your guarantee so inviting that – in your potential customers eyes – its a no brainer purchase
If you want more help with your sales letters … Our Internet Secrets members can watch the 7 Hour Sales Letter workshop videos in the members only area.
Jewel #4 – How Do I Create A PDF
This question comes into the Help Desk at Our Internet Secrets regularly … so thought I would share the answer here for everyone.
YES … you can turn your ebook or any other document that is printable into a PDF easily and for FREE.
One of the questions I personally had was – can I put links in my PDF document? With this software yes you can.
It’s as simple as creating your document in Word with your links. Use this software and your document will be converted into a PDF and with active links.
HINT: Another cool thing that I use this software for is – when I buy online, I like to keep a copy of my receipt without printing a physical copy. I use this software to convert the online receipt or invoice into a PDF file and save it in my tax folder on my computer.
I hope you’re enjoying these jewels of wisdom from the Our Internet Secrets Help Desk.
PS … if you want to know more about writing a kick @$$ sales letters for your online business marketing … Bret Thomson, our copywriting faculty guru has an awesome 3 day copywriting tips workshop coming up soon. Watch this space for more details.