Posted on 05. Jun, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
Here’s another awesome success story for you, from one of our clients.
Just six years ago Nick Cownie was working as an acupuncturist, working hard but making just $16,000 a year. He was also struggling with post-traumatic stress disorder, as a result of being held up at gunpoint a few years earlier. Then in 2006 he stumbled across some teachings that enabled him to completely eliminate the problem in seven minutes!
This led Nick down a path of massive learning, and he set out on a quest to master his mind, and eventually teach others how to do it as well. Hear his incredible story here:
After attending one of our 4 Day workshops and applying what he learned about online marketing, Nick went from near-empty classrooms to creating a multi-dimensional suite of teaching channels including books, webinars and automated online training that reaches thousands of students without him even having to be present. And much of his marketing is also automated!
Could you transform your business so it could be run from your iPad anywhere in the world?
View the case study here:
Join the workshop that changed Nicks life: http://www.ourinternetsecrets.
We just love being inspired by other people who have been successful online. It’s one of the reasons we love what we do, especially when our students start to make a big difference in their lives and the lives of others around them.
At the next OurInternetSecrets workshop we’ve invited 7 new inspiring people just like Nick to share their lessons and learnings with you. They’ll be going through in detail what they did and how they applied their workshop learnings to their business.
The stories range from those making an extra few hundred a week, to those creating 7-figure incomes. All ages, all walks of life. The one thing they have in common, is that they all attended the 4-day OurInternetSecrets workshop.
If you haven’t yet booked your place, then remember, as a client of ours you qualify for two tickets to this info-packed event. You’ll leave with everything you need to create your own online business.
It’s on 14th-17th June at Mantra Legends on the Gold Coast.
Look forward to seeing you there!
Daryl and Andrew
PS – Here are some more comments from attendees at our past workshops…
“I was incredibly inspired by seeing people who are just like me being successful. If you are serious, you WILL get some huge benefits from attending. Can’t recommend it enough.” Robert Binnion, Varsity Lakes
“I came to extend my learning on internet marketing. The 4 day workshop gave me the clarity I needed to move forward in my business. I am now focused and charging forward. Absolutely worthwhile.” Stephen Thomas, Brisbane
“Opened up a whole new world of opportunities for me. Loved the speakers. Very powerful hearing from people who have gone through and implemented the program. The opportunity of a lifetime doesn’t come along everyday, so don’t miss this one!” Mary West, Mermaid Waters
Posted on 04. Jun, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
Our 4 Day Workshop is fast approaching, and we’d like to announce our major giveaway. One lucky person will win it. But you’ve got to be there to claim your spoils!
Kids get so excited with showbags, so we’ve put together a ‘MEGA’ Showbag worth $20,323 in real world value. Now every “big kid” can get excited about coming along.
To register your seat please book here:
In the past we’ve given away cruises, holidays, and thousands of dollars worth of products.
We think this prize has got to be one of our best ever, and in true Mega-Showbag style, there’s something in there for everyone.
So what’s in the Showbag?
BIG GIFT #1 – An iPad Mini! Small, powerful, and easy to use. You’ll love it to watch your favourite videos, photos and use your favourite apps. You’ll get the 64GB/Cellular model. It’s the top of the line iPad Mini valued at $729.
BIG GIFT #2 – Sales Letter Done-For-You by certified Copywriter Mara Egan – Mara is one of the best copywriters around and will write your next long-copy sales letter from start to finish, PLUS the first sales email of your email campaign! Valued at $1,100.
BIG GIFT #3 – The Reno Kings ‘Renovation Success University’ Course. Learn how to invest profitably in today’s property market. Includes online access and the physical DVDs. Valued at $997.
BIG GIFT #4 – Return Flights from your usual place of residence for you and a partner to the Gold Coast, two nights accommodation at Queensland’s highest rated hotel Palazzo Versace, and a day with us (Andrew and Daryl) to discuss your business, including lunch with us at our favourite restaurant! (Valued at $10,500)
BIG GIFT #5 – 3 Months of Virtual Assistance from a highly trained VA from Virtual Office Angels. You’ll be amazed at how much time you’ll get back having someone help you with all the admin you don’t want to do! ($1,000 value).
BIG GIFT #6 – Total Website Profits Program from Matt and Liz Raad valued at $3,000. Matt and Liz teach you the ins and outs of buying and renovating websites for profit.
BIG GIFT #7 – The Mindset Masterpack Course from NLP Master Trainer Nick Cownie gives you the key to optimising your mind and performance that will transform into direct results. Sells for $1,997.
BIG GIFT #8 – 30-Day Boyer Weight Loss Program plus mentoring from Derek and Sally Boyer – gets proven results in just 30 days, plus personal coaching (Value $1,000).
The best news of all is that one lucky attendee WILL win this awesome prize!
Just for attending the event, you’ll go in the draw to win.
Of course you get much more than this when you attend the workshop – you get to learn stuff that can literally change your life.
At this event you’ll learn in detail the strategies that we used to get out of the rat-race, and living our dream life.
If you haven’t yet booked, here’s the link:
Andrew and Daryl
PS – If you’re still undecided about coming along, then check out these comments from attendees at past workshops…
“OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD Brilliant and Amazing course. Get yourself there whatever it takes.” Sal Martin , Byron Bay
“If you are open to learning about possibilities that could change your life then you have to attend this workshop. I got key information about finding my niche, quickly creating products and setting up sites. The amount of info they shared was staggering.” Cheryl Goodenough, Brisbane
“If you want to create a life of freedom, this system is a must. Awesome content all the way!” Peter Norton, Robina
“I got excited and for the first time really believed it was possible. GO – it will broaden your context.” Kerryn Griffiths, Ocean Shores NSW
“I got more knowledge about how a real internet business works. It was the missing link. Absolutely go for it.” Craig Eckert, Larnook NSW
Posted on 28. May, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
Don’t know about you, but we’ve been shaking our heads at the antics of both sides of parliament lately. And being an election year it just seems to get sillier! We’ve been watching the Treasurer trying to put a smiley face on an $18 billion dollar hole in the forecast, and the opposition telling us that they can do a better job. Really, we’re not impressed with either of them!
And we hear lots of fearful comments from people about “What entitlements are they taking away from me? How am I going to pay the bills now?”
The reality is, the government is broke. They’re spending way more than they’re bringing in in taxes. Being reliant on them to look after us is NOT something we’re prepared to do!
So, rather than ask for your support as Andrew runs for parliament (sorry guys, this is not an “Andrew for Prime Minister” email!), we want to show you the system we’ve set up that makes us financially free. So we’re not reliant on the next government handout.
We’ll take you through our financial freedom system step-by-step at the next Our Internet Secrets workshop on 14-17 June. Here’s the link to book if you haven’t done so already:
This workshop’s for you if you want to take back control of your financial future, and not be reliant on the whims of the government.
It’s for you if (like us) you feel that the government have become serial liars (or in political speak, simply carrying out their “quarterly readjustment of the facts”)!
And it’s for you if you realize that superannuation and the pension are not going to cut it, when you’re ready to retire.
So it’s not an election rally, but you will get to meet a bunch of like-mined people at our event – people who are sick of being “victims of the system”, and who are ready to take back control of their financial futures.
We’d love to see you there.
PS – We suggest you bring a friend or partner with you. It’s always easier to apply what you’ve learned after the workshop when you can discuss it with someone you know. As a client of ours you qualify for two tickets. Please forward this link to a friend and ask them to register as well:
PPS – here are some more comments from happy past-attendees:
“I’ve never experienced anything so worthwhile in my life! You will not regret a moment that you spend in this environment, a true game changer.” Christine Law, Canberra
“Really excited at the possibilities this workshop created for me. Helped me by covering all the basics plus also some more advanced strategies. DO IT!” Janne Mason, Cams Wharf
“Content delivery was flawless, logical structure and huge amount of information worth millions. You’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain by coming along. Your success and your future is at stake. Don’t wait a moment longer!” Allison Borland, Gold Coast
Posted on 26. Mar, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
First a big thank you to everyone who attended our February 4 day workshop! It was a jam packed event that got rave reviews from everyone we spoke to.
Andrew and Daryl shared some incredible content, much of it updated and refreshed. They even spoke about some new concepts never seen before which blew everyone away.
Our business builder competition was a huge hit. 8 inspiring entrepreneurs came up on stage and shared their successes and lessons along the way. They were all a lesson in courage and overcoming obstacles. Voting was understandably a tough proposition for attendees, who could only choose 1 winner. In the end, Nick Cownie’s courageous tale won the audience over. But honourable mentions to all participants including Simon and Joanne Bowen, Duncan Capi, Liz and Andrew Dunoon, Julie Mason, Sonya Matthews, Monika Mundell and Brian Keen.
Everyone that stuck around for the full four days was eligible to win our MEGA-SHOWBAG which had over $20,000 worth of prizes which included flights, accomodation, coaching, courses and training and even a day with Andrew and Daryl! Congratulations to Andrew Kavanagh whose name was drawn from the barrel. You are one lucky man but more importantly thanks for coming and playing full out.
Also a special thank you to our speakers who gave away some amazing gifts and taught some great content. Matt and Liz spoke about flipping websites, Bret Thompson about copywriting and Warren Black spilled the beans on Asset protection and how to legally reduce your tax. Please contact our helpdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org if you missed out and want to find out more about their events.
Thank you to everyone who gave us a testimonial and also to everyone who referred 10 or more friends. All referrers will get a copy of the workshop videos in due course.
The winner of the testimonial competition will be announced shortly (we have our top 3!). The referral competition was won by Sally Martin! Congratulations to Sally who will be enjoying some relaxing time at the palazzo versace.
Andrew gave a powerful session on mindset, getting people to team up and get out of their comfort zones. His mission? To help people identify the blocks that are holding them back from financial freedom. He also shared some exciting new strategies on the authority site model. Imagine a site that is able to highly target your audience, but still rank well on google due to its dynamic content and personalised websurfing experience. Good stuff.
Daryl spilled the beans on some of the latest and greatest strategies that she had learned about recently and implementing right now into her business. Not only did she she share the results, but as is standard at a 4 Day workshop, taught the audience exactly how it was done. And of course everybody loved the planning session that topped of the workshop so people had an actionable plan the second they stepped out of the workshop.
If you missed out on on this workshop and would like to attend the next one, please book out June 14-17th in your diary as our next workshop will be held during those dates at Mantra Legends Hotel on the Gold Coast. To book your seats, simply register at http://www.ourinternetsecrets.com/workshop.
See you there!
Posted on 07. Feb, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
We’re always testing new marketing tactics on our various internet businesses. Last week we came up with a real winner! Within just 7 minutes of implementation we were number one on YouTube AND Google for the top keyword phrase in our niche!
(By the way, we’ll be demonstrating what we did in detail at the next Our Internet Secrets workshop. If you haven’t yet booked, here’s the link again:
So what did we do to get to the top of Google so fast? Here are the steps we took:
1. Use the Google Keyword tool to find a relevant four-word phrase in your niche that has several thousand searches per month
2. Create a short video (2-3 minutes) with a call to action to go to the website. We used a great free tool called “Go Animate” to create a video in about 20 minutes.
3. Upload the video to YouTube, using a very specific formula for the title, description, tags, etc (too much to go into here – we’ll show you exactly what we did at the event)
4. View the video in a couple of different browsers
5. “Ping” the page, so Google knows your video exists (again, we’ll demo this at the event)
Result? Within 7 minutes we were at number one on YouTube, above a video of Steve Jobs that had over 16 million views!
The cool thing is, once you’re number one or two on YouTube, you are usually also on the first page of Google for the same phrase! And if you have a link from the video to your website, then it’s a great free-traffic generator.
Now we’re excited to share exactly what we did (plus a bunch of other new marketing tactics!) with the people who join us at the next Our Internet Secrets workshop.
Here are the details and booking link again:
Dates: 22-25 February
Venue: Mantra Legends, Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast
And here’s the link to book:
Remember, as a client of ours you qualify for two tickets to this info-packed event (there are still a few seats left):
Andrew and Daryl Grant
PS: We shared the YouTube strategy with a few of our coaching clients last week, and many of them are already having success with it. Here are some comments from those who learned it:
“The Youtube strategy is so simple and so quick! I can see it’s very easy to implement.”
Lisa Howell, Mermaid Waters, Queensland
“The Youtube videos are fast, easy to implement and obviously work!”
Heather Fields, Buderim, Queensland
“Great opportunity to quickly develop a warm list using Youtube videos.”
Peter Doogan, Monbulk, Victoria
“I loved the Youtube strategy. Quick, easy and effective.”
Min Collie-Holmes, Gold Coast Hinterland, Queensland
“Like the Youtube video creation. I can understand the logic behind it.”
Louis Grey, Brisbane, Queensland
Posted on 11. Jan, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
So you have been working on your products and websites now for a while and you want to start ramping up your traffic and getting more visibility in the search engines? In this post we’ll explore some of the fundamentals of Search engine Optimisation (SEO).
Although you most likely will not have the time to become an SEO expert (nor should you!), it helps to have an understanding of how it works and why it is important as part of your overall website marketing strategy.
What is Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)?
SEO is getting your website structured in a way that is optimized for search engines to find your site when people type in the keyword. Eg., when people type in a keyword your site will appear on the left hand side of Google (organic searches).
If you look at any popular term, there are thousands and sometimes millions of searches on any particular term. If there are millions of pages on a term, how do you get to the top 10 searches? This can be very difficult. However, there are some things that can make it easy to get on the first page of Google for free,
What do Search Engines like? No-one knows the exact algorithms that search engines like Google and Yahoo use. However, we can make highly educated guesses on what factors they process when determining their search results.
Lets look at these in a little more detail:
- Relevance!!!!! – the 3Rs – it’s very important – Relevance | Relevance | Relevance. Search engines want their user to have a good experience. When you type in a word, the stuff that comes back to you must be on topic and relevant to what you are looking for. If it doesn’t you’ll go somewhere else right!? The search engines are fanatical about this to give clients a good user experience. If your site is not providing a good user experience, they won’t put you up on the top of the search. They want the site to be relevant to the search term.
- Reputation – what do other people on the internet say to you – also known as “wisdom of the crowd”. Do you have authority sites linking back to you? There was a social scientist who looked at crowds and how they operate when they had to make choices – he came to the conclusion that 80-90% of the time left to their own devices – the crowd will get it right.
- Google has worked out that when people vote on the internet about what works for them and what doesn’t work – Google has worked out that they get it right. The more people who visit your site and the amount of backlinks to your site – Google deems this to be more relevant.
To see how well your site is SEO’ed, check out www.WebsiteGrader.com. You can check out your site or your competitor’s site and it will give you a ranking on how your site performs as far as your SEO is concerned. It talks about a bunch of things in detail – met tags, headings etc.
Its shows you where you are doing great and where you can improve.
If you are trying to rank for a keyword, you can look at your competitors and see ways of improving on what they are doing and get hints on how you can rank higher than them.
SEO On-Page / Off-page techniques
SEO requires both on-page and off-page techniques. They make your site visible and allows Google to judge the relevance. Here are the important on-page techniques:
- Keyword in domain name – the phrase or keyword that you want to be known for. This is not always possible – because you want to be know for a number of things. Eg., in Andrew and Daryl – this is our phrase – we have www.andrewanddaryl.com – however, that is not always a practical thing to do. Our Internet Secrets is our other main site. We want to be known for Our Internet Secrets. “Internet Secrets” is the keyword we want to rank on. You need to do your research – how are people referring to your subject and the keywords they are using in this process
- Relevant file names for each page
- Have these relevant to the keyword on the page
- Have the keyword in the page if you can
- Keep in mind that Google is generally ranking a page – not a site – you can have multiple pages on your site ranking for different keywords – one might be ranking for one subject and another for another subject – so when looking for file names on your site – do they have your keywords in there as well.
- Title tag
- Talk to your techie about this – in the Title Tag – have your keywords in there.
- Keywords in body copy
- The words on your page should include your keywords – WARNING: don’t over do it – don’t put too much in there that is unnatural to try and trick the search engines. Google is smart and if the page is overloaded with keywords – you will be penalised for this.
- Don’t put white keywords on a white background – Google knows this – and you will be penalised if you do this.
- Use the keywords and key phrases as much as you can in a natural way.
- Keywords in Heading tags (H1 to H6)
- These are your headings – eg., headlines, subheads
- Keywords in here is important – some of the copywriters might get the headline produced as a graphic – and when this is put into the copy – you need to be careful doing this because this may be seen by Google as a picture. When there is a picture – Google will see the tag behind the scene of the picture. So it is important that the tags are appropriately titled.
- Good, fresh content
- Content that is updated on a regular basis is what the search engines are looking for
- Good, relevant and timely
- The search engines know by the behaviour of the people coming to your search. Does it have some buzz around it, are people referring your site to other people.
- Google don’t specifically tell people how they judge or rank a site.
- What we are talking about here is from our observations for what is working.
- Number of Google indexed pages
- How big is your site
- How many pages you have
- This adds weight to the site
- Do these pages link back to other pages – it’s all relevant
- The pages are seen by Google.
- We have a number of pages on OIS that are in the member’s area – and we don’t allow Google into that part of the site – it is blocked to Google. So we don’t have those pages indexed. The techies will know all about this.
- If you index them and allow Google in there – the public will be able to see this. So make sure they are pages you want the public to see.
- XML Sitemap
- This makes your site visible to Google.
- Site age
- The older the site – the more weight it is given as an authority.
- Visitor time and behaviour on site
- If people stay a while – Google uses the wisdom of the crowd – if visitors are staying on your site for an extended period of time – the longer people are on your site – the more relevant your site must be.
These are some things you can do to help make your site more relevant to Google. Most techies, particularly SEO, they will do this basic stuff for you. You must be clear on what your keywords are and what you want to be ranked for. This is based on how your market refers to your topic. Go to the Google keyword tool to check this out.
Remember that this stuff works particularly well if you have an offline business or a geographical business. You can find out where the best use of your time is in terms of finding out where you can dominate on the free side of Google.
If you have a #1 on the free side – the CTR is about 40% – compared to 1-2% on the paid side – and up to 10% on the PPC side is exceptional.
This is worth considering in terms of selling info products, too.
Andrew and Daryl teach SEO principles in more detail (content, traffic and building a highly relevant site) at their 4 day workshop. The next one is in February from the 22-25th at Surfers Paradise on the gold Coast. If you’d like to learn directly from Andrew and Daryl, secure your tickets here!
Posted on 13. Dec, 2012 by Our Internet Secrets.
It’s that time again when we announce our most recent winners at our recent events. If you were lucky enough to win one of our great prizes on offer… CONGRATULATIONS!
Andrew and Daryl just love giving away prizes, if you’ve ever been to one of our 4-day events you’ll know that not only are they extremely generous with their knowledge but they also give away a stack of cool gifts during each session (hint: never be late back from a break or you might miss out on a wonderful prize).
When the dust settles, we like to inform everybody of the lucky people.
So without further ado, here are the recent prizewinners:
Congratulations to John Hinwood for winning the most referrals prize! This requires a genuine willingness to help others plus a bit of dedication to write individual messages to personalise a postcard. We hope your friends appreciate you thinking of them and we’d like you to enjoy your luxurious weekend at the Palazzo Versace as our special thank you gift.
Our best testimonial competition winner has been awarded to Kamahl Barhoush. Congratulations! You had an awesome energy on camera, and it was obvious you were excited about the event, got alot out of it and were able to articulate that into a minute of wordsmith perfection. As our thank you for stepping in front of the camera to say a few nice words, you too can also enjoy a gorgeous experience at the Palazzo versace. Not bad for a 60 second stint! We did have several great testimonials so again a huge thank you to everyone that gave one. Keep an eye out for Kamahl’s testimonial in one of our future promo videos.
Major Showbag Prize Winner
The tension in the air was apparent during Monday’s session when David Bartels name was drawn from the hat to win our major showbag prize with over $20,000 worth in gifts and prizes. David wins a plethora of amazing prizes including accomodation, holidays, flights, coaching, exclusive memberships and done for you services. Just goes to show, a little persistence can go a long way. Well done David and on behalf of our entire team and all the prize winner contributors, we hope it adds some amazing value for you.
Ten Or More Referrals
Thank you to EVERYBODY who submitted postcards to 10 or more of your friends. In total there were about 15 of you who qualify for the prize – which is access to the entire 4 days on video. We will send you the private link in the very near future.
Business Builder Competition
Another amazing business builder competition saw 7 fantastic in depth case studies of people excelling by using the internet and implementing the Ultimate Business Model strategies they learned from Andrew and Daryl. Contestants were judged on the best business model and how well they’ve implemented in the time they had. After some extended deliberation by many of our attendees (they all commented on how hard it was to choose just one winner!), the winners Derek and Sally Boyer were crowned as the winning case study. Thank you to everyone that participated in the competition, you inspired all of us. The business builder presentations will be out on our blog shortly so keep visiting back regularly for updates.
Want even more chances to WIN?
We have now secured dates for the next workshop – so if you would like to be in the running for a huge pool of prizes once again, simply click on the link below and secure your seat.
Dates are 22nd-25th February at Mantra Legends Hotel Surfers Paradise.
See you there!
Posted on 07. Dec, 2012 by Our Internet Secrets.
So you’ve started building a list? Fantastic! That’s the first step to a successful online business. Keep building the list, but you need to start thinking how you can grow, nurture and enhance your relationship with your list. This is the real key to online success.
The relationship with your list is far more important than how many are actually on there! Having 100 responsive people is far more valuable than 10,000 none of which even opens up an email.
So here’s a quickfire list of proven strategies you can implement to build your relationship, so the next time you decide to pitch your product or event, you’ll be speaking to a sizzlingly responsive (and not ice- cold) list!
- Provide lots of good quality free content that adds value to your audience
- Recommend and endorse only things that are good quality and great value
- Survey your list regularly
- We use www.surveymonkey.com
- Ask others to donate free gifts that you can give you list
- Look for people who might want to provide that stuff to your list
- Why would people want to do this?
- Because they want to grow their list
- You’ll be surprised at who will give you free stuff – just because they want to get their brand out there
- Eg., car rental place – was trying to step out from the big players – he asked who was his client – it was someone who was only staying a day in Perth and then driving down south to Margaret River – he asked himself what do they want – then he put together a package based on the suppliers he would find on the route – he said I have people hiring a car and they are coming your way – wine tour, places to eat and stay – do you have anything I could give to them – some said no – some said yes – and he gave a gift pack to people hiring his cars – he stood out from the AVIS and BUDGET.
- You can do this with your list online – you want to be OUTSTANDING IN THE MARKETPLACE
- We do this with our faculty members – we don’t claim to know everything about internet marketing – we want to know who knows the stuff – and they get business from our members
- This adds value to members – it took us a while to find the right people – we had faculty members who didn’t perform and asked them to leave – you need to keep in mind what do your list want – if we bring them in – we need to see how we can give them a win out of the relationship too.
- Ask yourself who you could promote in a particular area that you are not interested in promoting. That will go the other way as well – that will give you access to their list as well.
Ask people in your niche to donate:
- Workshop tickets
- eg., Paul Blackburn – we asked for Mental Toolbox tickets – it is an outstanding workshop – so it is good value
- We fully believe in this program and willing to put our reputation on the line
- How are we going to do this where it works for everyone – he gets more people into his list – and those people will do more stuff with him – everyone wins
- Discount vouchers
- Eg., the Clarksons – they don’t give away tickets to their workshop – they raise money for the Starlight Foundation – it is one of the purposes for their workshop – and you get heavily discounted tickets for a donation which goes to Starlight Foundation
- If you know that you are paying $200 going to charity, you say that’s okay and will go
- Webinar invitations
- Reports, audios, videos, books
- If you get an author who knows what they are doing – they will provide you with a hard copy book to send out to their clients – would this be good?
- If you get a book in the mail with an inscription saying – “Hi John, read this really cool book and I also got you 2 free tickets to a workshop – thanks and regards, Andrew”
- If you can’t come up with the cost of the postage – send an email – I have this great gift if you want to cover the cost of postage
- Free trials
- I have this xxx if you want to trial it for 30 days – check it out for a month – if you like it them you’ll be charged for the next month
- Free samples
- We find that some of the bigger organisations have marketing budgets to give these free samples – JUST ASK
BUILD THE RELATIONSHIP
- Send media mentions, testimonials, case studies of successful clients
- Do case studies – tell the people on your list your client’s success stories
- Invite them to teleseminars or webinars
- Use multiple media (email, hard mail, SMS, text, video, audio, live pre-recorded, Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Do lots of different ways of contacting them
- Offline has a far greater close rate than online – but it generally has an expense connected to it
- Do a mix of things – do an email, follow up with an SMS (this can be automated), send a video / DVD in the email, or newsletter, then follow up with ads on Facebook
- You can also prep people via different methods – eg. SMS – let them know that something is coming by email
- This gets you a better response
Andrew and Daryl would like to teach you how they personally built a huge list plus made $250,000 in their first 12 months online. They are known for having fantastic relationships with their clients and share their system at their 4 day workshop. The next one is in February from the 22-25th at Surfers Paradise on the gold Coast. If you’d like to learn directly from Andrew and Daryl, secure your tickets here!
Posted on 30. Nov, 2012 by Our Internet Secrets.
We’ve had some great feedback on our list building series, and are pleased it has added value for some of you!
In this post lets examine some powerful ways to convert all your list building efforts into some tangible profits.
Our list has always been the backbone of our business. We work hard on building a solid relationship with them and adding as much value as possible.
So here are our Top 8 Ways to Monetize your list (Cha Ching!)
Monetise Strategy #1: Upsells of your own products (ascension model)
a. You start off by selling something small eg., eBook and over time you start offering bigger products
b. People will generally buy higher priced products providing you look after them with the smaller stuff.
c. If you first meet someone they are unlikely to spend $25,000 with you – but it is more likely to start
i. Ebook – under $50
ii. Membership site – $49/month
iii. Audio / DVD pack – $200-$500
iv. Home study pack – $2,000-5,000
v. One on one coaching – $10,000 – $50,000
d. This is the way that direct response marketers earn the average of $1000 per person over a 12 month period
Monetise Strategy #2: Sell other people’s products as an affiliate
a. You can hunt around for other people’s products
ii. Or other products that are being sold
b. we recommend that you buy the product first. If you have a good relationship with your list and you recommend a product that is not up to standard they will be disappointed in you not the product.
c. So make sure that you are not just flogging any old thing. Don’t burn your list.
d. You will find less and less people will be on your list and less responsive.
e. So really look after your list when offering products.
Monetise Strategy #3:Put paid ads in your newsletters (eg banner ads)
a. Put paid ads in your newsletter
b. It went out of fashion for a while but it is now making a comeback.
c. You need to have a reasonable number of people on your list to have paid advertising on your list
d. Find people with complementary products to what you provide and people interested in what your niche is and ask them if they want to advertise in your newsletter. If you can get a half dozen people advertising in your newsletter say $1000 per month, it is a nice source of income
Monetise Strategy #4: Sell the site with the database
a. Imagine you have a site and there are two sites – (a) and (b) site. The (a) site had good products with new people coming in on a regular basis but not many people on their list and you have another site with 1-2,000 people on the list and the person who owns it was pulling in new products, new sales and able to bring in more money. Logically this would have more value than the first one. It is a money making asset.
b. If you get that site and want to sell it because it can generate money on a regular basis – a lot of people overlook this concept of developing their existing database.
c. Retail stores make this mistake all the time. 1:100 do this.
d. I go to Harvey Norman and they take all my details but not once have they contacted me and told me about a sale. I buy a lot of computing stuff and they have regular deals on this if they contacted me about deals I would go back. They are leaving a lot of money on the table.
e. If you are going to sell a business – a well managed, profitable list will add a lot of value to the bottom line of your business.
f. We are going to be talking about this at Matt and Liz Raad’s workshop.
g. The key thing to selling a website is to have that list there.
h. Typically the sort of people looking to buy a business with a list – they see this as an opportunity to sell other products to it.
i. Some people buy a website with a list or database of people also interested in their product or topic.
ii. People will hunt out a business with an existing list to increase the size of their list.
i. That’s often an opportunity that you can take advantage of. Not everybody understands the value of their list. On sites like Flippa.com or other online trading sites you can buy businesses with big lists of names very cheaply (tens or hundreds of dollars not tens of thousands of dollars).
We have some truly remarkable strategies in our list building workshop aswell, which you can access as part of OurInternetSecrets Membership.
We’ll also be hand teaching some important list building and mindset strategies at our upcoming 4 Day OIS workshop, and you can register your complimentary seat here.
Posted on 09. Nov, 2012 by Our Internet Secrets.
October’s workshop has come and gone, with Andrew and Daryl putting on another life changing event. Thank you to everyone who attended the workshop – we hope you enjoyed yourselves but more importantly feel that you are armed with the tools you need to make a change in your business or your life.
- Lots of new faces came along to hear Andrew and Daryl talk about how to make money with ebooks, membership sites and The Ultimate Business Model. As usual, we had lots of interesting questions and Andrew and Daryl didn’t leave until every last one was answered.
- Our business builder competition was again a huge hit, with our audience members judging on who they thought was the winning effort. The standard was extremely high and many people just could not decide on a clear winner. Contestants were judged on how much they inspired the audience, their business model and who took the most action in the time given. We had 2 returning business builders and 5 debuts. Entrants were from all different markets and niches, with the only commomality being that they’ve all been able to take their businesses to the next level through the coaching and tuition of Andrew and Daryl. When all was said and done, it was Derek and Sally Boyer who held up the winners trophy once again. Congratulations on a superb effort guys!
- Our resident experts came along to the party and joined in the fun, with Paul Blackburn enlightening the crowd on how their minds work, Bret Thomson teaching one of the highest paid skills on the planet, Matt and Liz Raad spilling the beans on how to buy and sell a business and Krisztian Panczel giving the nuts and bolts of how SEO done right can significantly boost your positions in the search rankings for your market.
- Our attendees were showered with loads of prizes and gifts throughout the workshop. Customary to our workshops, Andrew and Daryl handed out one of their DVD product sets at the beginning of each session to reward people for coming back and being on time. In total we gave out 12 DVD sets to 12 lucky people. Enjoy! The MAJOR prize draw was drawn on the Monday, and Andrew and Daryl’s huge showbag worth over $20,000 was won by one lucky participant who will now get access to holidays, flights, coaching, products, accomodation and even a full day with Andrew and Daryl! All workshop winners will be announced in a future blog post.
- Thank you to everyone who gave us a glowing testimonial, either written or video. They will all be viewed and Andrew and Daryl will pick the winning testimonial shortly. We will notify you on this blog who won the night at Palazzo Versace so keep checking back for updates!
- The cocktail party was again a smashing success, with more yummy food than our small group could handle plus the Gold Coast’s best night views to behold! We hope you found some great partners to do business with and gave out lots of business cards.
Our Next workshop has already been planned so make sure you pencil in Feb 22nd-25th at Mantra Legends Gold Coast to come along and do it all over again! See you next time!