Posted on 26. Mar, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
First a big thank you to everyone who attended our February 4 day workshop! It was a jam packed event that got rave reviews from everyone we spoke to.
Andrew and Daryl shared some incredible content, much of it updated and refreshed. They even spoke about some new concepts never seen before which blew everyone away.
Our business builder competition was a huge hit. 8 inspiring entrepreneurs came up on stage and shared their successes and lessons along the way. They were all a lesson in courage and overcoming obstacles. Voting was understandably a tough proposition for attendees, who could only choose 1 winner. In the end, Nick Cownie’s courageous tale won the audience over. But honourable mentions to all participants including Simon and Joanne Bowen, Duncan Capi, Liz and Andrew Dunoon, Julie Mason, Sonya Matthews, Monika Mundell and Brian Keen.
Everyone that stuck around for the full four days was eligible to win our MEGA-SHOWBAG which had over $20,000 worth of prizes which included flights, accomodation, coaching, courses and training and even a day with Andrew and Daryl! Congratulations to Andrew Kavanagh whose name was drawn from the barrel. You are one lucky man but more importantly thanks for coming and playing full out.
Also a special thank you to our speakers who gave away some amazing gifts and taught some great content. Matt and Liz spoke about flipping websites, Bret Thompson about copywriting and Warren Black spilled the beans on Asset protection and how to legally reduce your tax. Please contact our helpdesk on email@example.com if you missed out and want to find out more about their events.
Thank you to everyone who gave us a testimonial and also to everyone who referred 10 or more friends. All referrers will get a copy of the workshop videos in due course.
The winner of the testimonial competition will be announced shortly (we have our top 3!). The referral competition was won by Sally Martin! Congratulations to Sally who will be enjoying some relaxing time at the palazzo versace.
Andrew gave a powerful session on mindset, getting people to team up and get out of their comfort zones. His mission? To help people identify the blocks that are holding them back from financial freedom. He also shared some exciting new strategies on the authority site model. Imagine a site that is able to highly target your audience, but still rank well on google due to its dynamic content and personalised websurfing experience. Good stuff.
Daryl spilled the beans on some of the latest and greatest strategies that she had learned about recently and implementing right now into her business. Not only did she she share the results, but as is standard at a 4 Day workshop, taught the audience exactly how it was done. And of course everybody loved the planning session that topped of the workshop so people had an actionable plan the second they stepped out of the workshop.
If you missed out on on this workshop and would like to attend the next one, please book out June 14-17th in your diary as our next workshop will be held during those dates at Mantra Legends Hotel on the Gold Coast. To book your seats, simply register at http://www.ourinternetsecrets.com/workshop.
See you there!
Posted on 07. Feb, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
We’re always testing new marketing tactics on our various internet businesses. Last week we came up with a real winner! Within just 7 minutes of implementation we were number one on YouTube AND Google for the top keyword phrase in our niche!
(By the way, we’ll be demonstrating what we did in detail at the next Our Internet Secrets workshop. If you haven’t yet booked, here’s the link again:
So what did we do to get to the top of Google so fast? Here are the steps we took:
1. Use the Google Keyword tool to find a relevant four-word phrase in your niche that has several thousand searches per month
2. Create a short video (2-3 minutes) with a call to action to go to the website. We used a great free tool called “Go Animate” to create a video in about 20 minutes.
3. Upload the video to YouTube, using a very specific formula for the title, description, tags, etc (too much to go into here – we’ll show you exactly what we did at the event)
4. View the video in a couple of different browsers
5. “Ping” the page, so Google knows your video exists (again, we’ll demo this at the event)
Result? Within 7 minutes we were at number one on YouTube, above a video of Steve Jobs that had over 16 million views!
The cool thing is, once you’re number one or two on YouTube, you are usually also on the first page of Google for the same phrase! And if you have a link from the video to your website, then it’s a great free-traffic generator.
Now we’re excited to share exactly what we did (plus a bunch of other new marketing tactics!) with the people who join us at the next Our Internet Secrets workshop.
Here are the details and booking link again:
Dates: 22-25 February
Venue: Mantra Legends, Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast
And here’s the link to book:
Remember, as a client of ours you qualify for two tickets to this info-packed event (there are still a few seats left):
Andrew and Daryl Grant
PS: We shared the YouTube strategy with a few of our coaching clients last week, and many of them are already having success with it. Here are some comments from those who learned it:
“The Youtube strategy is so simple and so quick! I can see it’s very easy to implement.”
Lisa Howell, Mermaid Waters, Queensland
“The Youtube videos are fast, easy to implement and obviously work!”
Heather Fields, Buderim, Queensland
“Great opportunity to quickly develop a warm list using Youtube videos.”
Peter Doogan, Monbulk, Victoria
“I loved the Youtube strategy. Quick, easy and effective.”
Min Collie-Holmes, Gold Coast Hinterland, Queensland
“Like the Youtube video creation. I can understand the logic behind it.”
Louis Grey, Brisbane, Queensland
Posted on 11. Jan, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
So you have been working on your products and websites now for a while and you want to start ramping up your traffic and getting more visibility in the search engines? In this post we’ll explore some of the fundamentals of Search engine Optimisation (SEO).
Although you most likely will not have the time to become an SEO expert (nor should you!), it helps to have an understanding of how it works and why it is important as part of your overall website marketing strategy.
What is Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)?
SEO is getting your website structured in a way that is optimized for search engines to find your site when people type in the keyword. Eg., when people type in a keyword your site will appear on the left hand side of Google (organic searches).
If you look at any popular term, there are thousands and sometimes millions of searches on any particular term. If there are millions of pages on a term, how do you get to the top 10 searches? This can be very difficult. However, there are some things that can make it easy to get on the first page of Google for free,
What do Search Engines like? No-one knows the exact algorithms that search engines like Google and Yahoo use. However, we can make highly educated guesses on what factors they process when determining their search results.
Lets look at these in a little more detail:
- Relevance!!!!! – the 3Rs – it’s very important – Relevance | Relevance | Relevance. Search engines want their user to have a good experience. When you type in a word, the stuff that comes back to you must be on topic and relevant to what you are looking for. If it doesn’t you’ll go somewhere else right!? The search engines are fanatical about this to give clients a good user experience. If your site is not providing a good user experience, they won’t put you up on the top of the search. They want the site to be relevant to the search term.
- Reputation – what do other people on the internet say to you – also known as “wisdom of the crowd”. Do you have authority sites linking back to you? There was a social scientist who looked at crowds and how they operate when they had to make choices – he came to the conclusion that 80-90% of the time left to their own devices – the crowd will get it right.
- Google has worked out that when people vote on the internet about what works for them and what doesn’t work – Google has worked out that they get it right. The more people who visit your site and the amount of backlinks to your site – Google deems this to be more relevant.
To see how well your site is SEO’ed, check out www.WebsiteGrader.com. You can check out your site or your competitor’s site and it will give you a ranking on how your site performs as far as your SEO is concerned. It talks about a bunch of things in detail – met tags, headings etc.
Its shows you where you are doing great and where you can improve.
If you are trying to rank for a keyword, you can look at your competitors and see ways of improving on what they are doing and get hints on how you can rank higher than them.
SEO On-Page / Off-page techniques
SEO requires both on-page and off-page techniques. They make your site visible and allows Google to judge the relevance. Here are the important on-page techniques:
- Keyword in domain name – the phrase or keyword that you want to be known for. This is not always possible – because you want to be know for a number of things. Eg., in Andrew and Daryl – this is our phrase – we have www.andrewanddaryl.com – however, that is not always a practical thing to do. Our Internet Secrets is our other main site. We want to be known for Our Internet Secrets. “Internet Secrets” is the keyword we want to rank on. You need to do your research – how are people referring to your subject and the keywords they are using in this process
- Relevant file names for each page
- Have these relevant to the keyword on the page
- Have the keyword in the page if you can
- Keep in mind that Google is generally ranking a page – not a site – you can have multiple pages on your site ranking for different keywords – one might be ranking for one subject and another for another subject – so when looking for file names on your site – do they have your keywords in there as well.
- Title tag
- Talk to your techie about this – in the Title Tag – have your keywords in there.
- Keywords in body copy
- The words on your page should include your keywords – WARNING: don’t over do it – don’t put too much in there that is unnatural to try and trick the search engines. Google is smart and if the page is overloaded with keywords – you will be penalised for this.
- Don’t put white keywords on a white background – Google knows this – and you will be penalised if you do this.
- Use the keywords and key phrases as much as you can in a natural way.
- Keywords in Heading tags (H1 to H6)
- These are your headings – eg., headlines, subheads
- Keywords in here is important – some of the copywriters might get the headline produced as a graphic – and when this is put into the copy – you need to be careful doing this because this may be seen by Google as a picture. When there is a picture – Google will see the tag behind the scene of the picture. So it is important that the tags are appropriately titled.
- Good, fresh content
- Content that is updated on a regular basis is what the search engines are looking for
- Good, relevant and timely
- The search engines know by the behaviour of the people coming to your search. Does it have some buzz around it, are people referring your site to other people.
- Google don’t specifically tell people how they judge or rank a site.
- What we are talking about here is from our observations for what is working.
- Number of Google indexed pages
- How big is your site
- How many pages you have
- This adds weight to the site
- Do these pages link back to other pages – it’s all relevant
- The pages are seen by Google.
- We have a number of pages on OIS that are in the member’s area – and we don’t allow Google into that part of the site – it is blocked to Google. So we don’t have those pages indexed. The techies will know all about this.
- If you index them and allow Google in there – the public will be able to see this. So make sure they are pages you want the public to see.
- XML Sitemap
- This makes your site visible to Google.
- Site age
- The older the site – the more weight it is given as an authority.
- Visitor time and behaviour on site
- If people stay a while – Google uses the wisdom of the crowd – if visitors are staying on your site for an extended period of time – the longer people are on your site – the more relevant your site must be.
These are some things you can do to help make your site more relevant to Google. Most techies, particularly SEO, they will do this basic stuff for you. You must be clear on what your keywords are and what you want to be ranked for. This is based on how your market refers to your topic. Go to the Google keyword tool to check this out.
Remember that this stuff works particularly well if you have an offline business or a geographical business. You can find out where the best use of your time is in terms of finding out where you can dominate on the free side of Google.
If you have a #1 on the free side – the CTR is about 40% – compared to 1-2% on the paid side – and up to 10% on the PPC side is exceptional.
This is worth considering in terms of selling info products, too.
Andrew and Daryl teach SEO principles in more detail (content, traffic and building a highly relevant site) at their 4 day workshop. The next one is in February from the 22-25th at Surfers Paradise on the gold Coast. If you’d like to learn directly from Andrew and Daryl, secure your tickets here!
Posted on 13. Dec, 2012 by Our Internet Secrets.
It’s that time again when we announce our most recent winners at our recent events. If you were lucky enough to win one of our great prizes on offer… CONGRATULATIONS!
Andrew and Daryl just love giving away prizes, if you’ve ever been to one of our 4-day events you’ll know that not only are they extremely generous with their knowledge but they also give away a stack of cool gifts during each session (hint: never be late back from a break or you might miss out on a wonderful prize).
When the dust settles, we like to inform everybody of the lucky people.
So without further ado, here are the recent prizewinners:
Congratulations to John Hinwood for winning the most referrals prize! This requires a genuine willingness to help others plus a bit of dedication to write individual messages to personalise a postcard. We hope your friends appreciate you thinking of them and we’d like you to enjoy your luxurious weekend at the Palazzo Versace as our special thank you gift.
Our best testimonial competition winner has been awarded to Kamahl Barhoush. Congratulations! You had an awesome energy on camera, and it was obvious you were excited about the event, got alot out of it and were able to articulate that into a minute of wordsmith perfection. As our thank you for stepping in front of the camera to say a few nice words, you too can also enjoy a gorgeous experience at the Palazzo versace. Not bad for a 60 second stint! We did have several great testimonials so again a huge thank you to everyone that gave one. Keep an eye out for Kamahl’s testimonial in one of our future promo videos.
Major Showbag Prize Winner
The tension in the air was apparent during Monday’s session when David Bartels name was drawn from the hat to win our major showbag prize with over $20,000 worth in gifts and prizes. David wins a plethora of amazing prizes including accomodation, holidays, flights, coaching, exclusive memberships and done for you services. Just goes to show, a little persistence can go a long way. Well done David and on behalf of our entire team and all the prize winner contributors, we hope it adds some amazing value for you.
Ten Or More Referrals
Thank you to EVERYBODY who submitted postcards to 10 or more of your friends. In total there were about 15 of you who qualify for the prize – which is access to the entire 4 days on video. We will send you the private link in the very near future.
Business Builder Competition
Another amazing business builder competition saw 7 fantastic in depth case studies of people excelling by using the internet and implementing the Ultimate Business Model strategies they learned from Andrew and Daryl. Contestants were judged on the best business model and how well they’ve implemented in the time they had. After some extended deliberation by many of our attendees (they all commented on how hard it was to choose just one winner!), the winners Derek and Sally Boyer were crowned as the winning case study. Thank you to everyone that participated in the competition, you inspired all of us. The business builder presentations will be out on our blog shortly so keep visiting back regularly for updates.
Want even more chances to WIN?
We have now secured dates for the next workshop – so if you would like to be in the running for a huge pool of prizes once again, simply click on the link below and secure your seat.
Dates are 22nd-25th February at Mantra Legends Hotel Surfers Paradise.
See you there!
Posted on 07. Dec, 2012 by Our Internet Secrets.
So you’ve started building a list? Fantastic! That’s the first step to a successful online business. Keep building the list, but you need to start thinking how you can grow, nurture and enhance your relationship with your list. This is the real key to online success.
The relationship with your list is far more important than how many are actually on there! Having 100 responsive people is far more valuable than 10,000 none of which even opens up an email.
So here’s a quickfire list of proven strategies you can implement to build your relationship, so the next time you decide to pitch your product or event, you’ll be speaking to a sizzlingly responsive (and not ice- cold) list!
- Provide lots of good quality free content that adds value to your audience
- Recommend and endorse only things that are good quality and great value
- Survey your list regularly
- We use www.surveymonkey.com
- Ask others to donate free gifts that you can give you list
- Look for people who might want to provide that stuff to your list
- Why would people want to do this?
- Because they want to grow their list
- You’ll be surprised at who will give you free stuff – just because they want to get their brand out there
- Eg., car rental place – was trying to step out from the big players – he asked who was his client – it was someone who was only staying a day in Perth and then driving down south to Margaret River – he asked himself what do they want – then he put together a package based on the suppliers he would find on the route – he said I have people hiring a car and they are coming your way – wine tour, places to eat and stay – do you have anything I could give to them – some said no – some said yes – and he gave a gift pack to people hiring his cars – he stood out from the AVIS and BUDGET.
- You can do this with your list online – you want to be OUTSTANDING IN THE MARKETPLACE
- We do this with our faculty members – we don’t claim to know everything about internet marketing – we want to know who knows the stuff – and they get business from our members
- This adds value to members – it took us a while to find the right people – we had faculty members who didn’t perform and asked them to leave – you need to keep in mind what do your list want – if we bring them in – we need to see how we can give them a win out of the relationship too.
- Ask yourself who you could promote in a particular area that you are not interested in promoting. That will go the other way as well – that will give you access to their list as well.
Ask people in your niche to donate:
- Workshop tickets
- eg., Paul Blackburn – we asked for Mental Toolbox tickets – it is an outstanding workshop – so it is good value
- We fully believe in this program and willing to put our reputation on the line
- How are we going to do this where it works for everyone – he gets more people into his list – and those people will do more stuff with him – everyone wins
- Discount vouchers
- Eg., the Clarksons – they don’t give away tickets to their workshop – they raise money for the Starlight Foundation – it is one of the purposes for their workshop – and you get heavily discounted tickets for a donation which goes to Starlight Foundation
- If you know that you are paying $200 going to charity, you say that’s okay and will go
- Webinar invitations
- Reports, audios, videos, books
- If you get an author who knows what they are doing – they will provide you with a hard copy book to send out to their clients – would this be good?
- If you get a book in the mail with an inscription saying – “Hi John, read this really cool book and I also got you 2 free tickets to a workshop – thanks and regards, Andrew”
- If you can’t come up with the cost of the postage – send an email – I have this great gift if you want to cover the cost of postage
- Free trials
- I have this xxx if you want to trial it for 30 days – check it out for a month – if you like it them you’ll be charged for the next month
- Free samples
- We find that some of the bigger organisations have marketing budgets to give these free samples – JUST ASK
BUILD THE RELATIONSHIP
- Send media mentions, testimonials, case studies of successful clients
- Do case studies – tell the people on your list your client’s success stories
- Invite them to teleseminars or webinars
- Use multiple media (email, hard mail, SMS, text, video, audio, live pre-recorded, Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Do lots of different ways of contacting them
- Offline has a far greater close rate than online – but it generally has an expense connected to it
- Do a mix of things – do an email, follow up with an SMS (this can be automated), send a video / DVD in the email, or newsletter, then follow up with ads on Facebook
- You can also prep people via different methods – eg. SMS – let them know that something is coming by email
- This gets you a better response
Andrew and Daryl would like to teach you how they personally built a huge list plus made $250,000 in their first 12 months online. They are known for having fantastic relationships with their clients and share their system at their 4 day workshop. The next one is in February from the 22-25th at Surfers Paradise on the gold Coast. If you’d like to learn directly from Andrew and Daryl, secure your tickets here!
Posted on 30. Nov, 2012 by Our Internet Secrets.
We’ve had some great feedback on our list building series, and are pleased it has added value for some of you!
In this post lets examine some powerful ways to convert all your list building efforts into some tangible profits.
Our list has always been the backbone of our business. We work hard on building a solid relationship with them and adding as much value as possible.
So here are our Top 8 Ways to Monetize your list (Cha Ching!)
Monetise Strategy #1: Upsells of your own products (ascension model)
a. You start off by selling something small eg., eBook and over time you start offering bigger products
b. People will generally buy higher priced products providing you look after them with the smaller stuff.
c. If you first meet someone they are unlikely to spend $25,000 with you – but it is more likely to start
i. Ebook – under $50
ii. Membership site – $49/month
iii. Audio / DVD pack – $200-$500
iv. Home study pack – $2,000-5,000
v. One on one coaching – $10,000 – $50,000
d. This is the way that direct response marketers earn the average of $1000 per person over a 12 month period
Monetise Strategy #2: Sell other people’s products as an affiliate
a. You can hunt around for other people’s products
ii. Or other products that are being sold
b. we recommend that you buy the product first. If you have a good relationship with your list and you recommend a product that is not up to standard they will be disappointed in you not the product.
c. So make sure that you are not just flogging any old thing. Don’t burn your list.
d. You will find less and less people will be on your list and less responsive.
e. So really look after your list when offering products.
Monetise Strategy #3:Put paid ads in your newsletters (eg banner ads)
a. Put paid ads in your newsletter
b. It went out of fashion for a while but it is now making a comeback.
c. You need to have a reasonable number of people on your list to have paid advertising on your list
d. Find people with complementary products to what you provide and people interested in what your niche is and ask them if they want to advertise in your newsletter. If you can get a half dozen people advertising in your newsletter say $1000 per month, it is a nice source of income
Monetise Strategy #4: Sell the site with the database
a. Imagine you have a site and there are two sites – (a) and (b) site. The (a) site had good products with new people coming in on a regular basis but not many people on their list and you have another site with 1-2,000 people on the list and the person who owns it was pulling in new products, new sales and able to bring in more money. Logically this would have more value than the first one. It is a money making asset.
b. If you get that site and want to sell it because it can generate money on a regular basis – a lot of people overlook this concept of developing their existing database.
c. Retail stores make this mistake all the time. 1:100 do this.
d. I go to Harvey Norman and they take all my details but not once have they contacted me and told me about a sale. I buy a lot of computing stuff and they have regular deals on this if they contacted me about deals I would go back. They are leaving a lot of money on the table.
e. If you are going to sell a business – a well managed, profitable list will add a lot of value to the bottom line of your business.
f. We are going to be talking about this at Matt and Liz Raad’s workshop.
g. The key thing to selling a website is to have that list there.
h. Typically the sort of people looking to buy a business with a list – they see this as an opportunity to sell other products to it.
i. Some people buy a website with a list or database of people also interested in their product or topic.
ii. People will hunt out a business with an existing list to increase the size of their list.
i. That’s often an opportunity that you can take advantage of. Not everybody understands the value of their list. On sites like Flippa.com or other online trading sites you can buy businesses with big lists of names very cheaply (tens or hundreds of dollars not tens of thousands of dollars).
We have some truly remarkable strategies in our list building workshop aswell, which you can access as part of OurInternetSecrets Membership.
We’ll also be hand teaching some important list building and mindset strategies at our upcoming 4 Day OIS workshop, and you can register your complimentary seat here.
Posted on 09. Nov, 2012 by Our Internet Secrets.
October’s workshop has come and gone, with Andrew and Daryl putting on another life changing event. Thank you to everyone who attended the workshop – we hope you enjoyed yourselves but more importantly feel that you are armed with the tools you need to make a change in your business or your life.
- Lots of new faces came along to hear Andrew and Daryl talk about how to make money with ebooks, membership sites and The Ultimate Business Model. As usual, we had lots of interesting questions and Andrew and Daryl didn’t leave until every last one was answered.
- Our business builder competition was again a huge hit, with our audience members judging on who they thought was the winning effort. The standard was extremely high and many people just could not decide on a clear winner. Contestants were judged on how much they inspired the audience, their business model and who took the most action in the time given. We had 2 returning business builders and 5 debuts. Entrants were from all different markets and niches, with the only commomality being that they’ve all been able to take their businesses to the next level through the coaching and tuition of Andrew and Daryl. When all was said and done, it was Derek and Sally Boyer who held up the winners trophy once again. Congratulations on a superb effort guys!
- Our resident experts came along to the party and joined in the fun, with Paul Blackburn enlightening the crowd on how their minds work, Bret Thomson teaching one of the highest paid skills on the planet, Matt and Liz Raad spilling the beans on how to buy and sell a business and Krisztian Panczel giving the nuts and bolts of how SEO done right can significantly boost your positions in the search rankings for your market.
- Our attendees were showered with loads of prizes and gifts throughout the workshop. Customary to our workshops, Andrew and Daryl handed out one of their DVD product sets at the beginning of each session to reward people for coming back and being on time. In total we gave out 12 DVD sets to 12 lucky people. Enjoy! The MAJOR prize draw was drawn on the Monday, and Andrew and Daryl’s huge showbag worth over $20,000 was won by one lucky participant who will now get access to holidays, flights, coaching, products, accomodation and even a full day with Andrew and Daryl! All workshop winners will be announced in a future blog post.
- Thank you to everyone who gave us a glowing testimonial, either written or video. They will all be viewed and Andrew and Daryl will pick the winning testimonial shortly. We will notify you on this blog who won the night at Palazzo Versace so keep checking back for updates!
- The cocktail party was again a smashing success, with more yummy food than our small group could handle plus the Gold Coast’s best night views to behold! We hope you found some great partners to do business with and gave out lots of business cards.
Our Next workshop has already been planned so make sure you pencil in Feb 22nd-25th at Mantra Legends Gold Coast to come along and do it all over again! See you next time!
Alex Cownie: How I Created $14,000 In 7 days From One Email With No Business Experience And No Money!
Posted on 18. Oct, 2012 by Our Internet Secrets.
Thought you’d enjoy this short video. It shows how a client of ours, Alex Cownie, made over $14,000 in her first 7 days with no internet smarts and no money, and from just one email. Inspiring stuff!
Here’s the background to Alex’s story.
As a ballet dancer at the top of her career, Alex danced for Princess Grace of Monaco and was considered one of the world’s top dancers. But tragically, a serious knee injury wiped out all her dreams of performing around the world.
But she didn’t give up, and after attending an OurInternetSecrets workshop she had the tools to turn her passion into a serious income.
In this inspiring case study, Alex shares her story in detail. You can view the case study here:
We just love being inspired by other people who have been successful online. It’s one of the reasons we love what we do, especially when our students start to make a big difference in their lives and the lives of others around them.
At the next OurInternetSecrets workshop we’ve invited 7 new inspiring people just like Alex to share their stories with you. They’ll be going through in detail what they did and how they applied their workshop learnings to their business.
The stories range from those making an extra few hundred a week, to those creating 7-figure incomes. All ages, all walks of life. The one thing they have in common, is that they all attended the 4-day OurInternetSecrets workshop.
If you’ve already booked your place – welcome! We look forward to seeing you there.
If you haven’t yet booked your place, then remember, as a client of ours you qualify for two tickets to this info-packed event. You’ll leave with everything you need to create your own online business.
Here’s the link to book (and view Alex’s video):
The event is on 26-29th October at Q1 on the Gold Coast.
Look forward to seeing you there!
Daryl and Andrew
PS – here are some more comments from past attendees:
The quality of the information and speakers was first class. It’s definitely one of the best workshops I’ve been to. An absolute MUST! Carol Fisher, Sunshine Coast
The information I gleaned was INVALUABLE. I had so many light bulb moments in nearly every session. I felt like I was at a family gathering because of how much Andrew and Daryl cared about each person that came along. Don’t hesitate, this is a proven system and will work for everyday people like you and me! Heather Fields, Buderim
I was shocked to be presented a TOTAL turnkey solution which was very unexpected. I paid thousands on workshops that weren’t half as good as this one! Lisa Hudson, Toowoomba
Alex: Hi, everyone.
Alex: Everyone is very enthusiastic, I like that. When I was offered to speak today the first thing that went to my mind was, “Oh, no. I can’t do that. They’re not going to understand a word of what I’m saying.” I thought, that’s a very convenient excuse to miss out on a really good opportunity. Then I thought, you know what, I’m just going to do it. I’m going to step up and come here and tell you seven years ago I could not speak a word of English. Nothing. I couldn’t even say hi.
Then the more I thought about this presentation the more I realise, well, this is not so much about me because if it were about me I would probably be dancing around the living room or feeding ducks with my baby. This presentation is about you. I’m here for you, each and every single one of you. So if I didn’t have this presentation I get every one of you to feel really inspired, feel that all the things that you’re learning these four days are so easy to implement and you end up thinking like, “Alex’s business just rocks,” then I win.
For so many years I used to actually spend much more time on stage than I was off stage. I’m used to all of these lights in my face. I was a dancer. I was a professional dancer and I did really well. By the age of 17 I was doing already solo tours all over Europe. I danced for the Princess Grace of Monaco. I was on the top 50 dancers in the world between 18 and 21 years. Things are looking really good for me.
What happened is that I came to Australia – that was actually a really good thing. But when I came to Australia I danced and actually danced with Sydney Dance Company. They told me, “We’d love to hire you in the company but you don’t have the right visa.”
So I said, “Oh, awesome.” So I went along started to do other things and try to get a visa and along the way I got injured. I injured my knee and that was the end of it.
They told me, “You have to take 18 months off.”
I was really depressed, really down. Pretty much my whole life was over. It was 12 years I was training every day. I never took more than six days off ever in a row and all of a sudden it’s like, “What do I do now?” I’ve nothing to do.
Fast forward, five years, I married a beautiful husband and had a beautiful baby. But I was so bored. If you’re a parent you know that you have to change night keys, wake up five times a night, and cook dinner every day. That was fulfilling on some level but that was not enough. I wanted and I needed more.
So when my husband who had a business came to me and said, “My business is going good, not great, I need to learn Internet marketing and I want to learn from the best in the industry so I’m going learn from Andrew and Daryl Grant.” He said to me, “You know what, let’s do it together.” I was like, “Oh yeah, great!” I absolutely want to do that because I was so bored I just was excited to learn something new.
So when I joined the Millionaires Club 12 months ago, that was for my husband. I had no intention to do any business for myself until five months ago. I’m happy to announce that I’m not bored anymore.
Then we went to Thailand, I had a lot of fun in the retreats. I loved it. One day after dinner – Andrew knew about my injury and he just came to me and he was just looking like this, “Hmm.”
I said, “What’s going on here?”
He said, “You know what, actually I can help you with your injury.”
I’m like, “Okay. Well, you’re a super guru Internet marketer; can you really fix an injury?” But I like to think about things open-mindedly so I said, “Sure, I’ve got nothing to lose, let’s go for it.”
We sat down, three hours later after working on a bunch of stuff, for the very first time in five years I could not feel my pain anymore. It was amazing, so I can never thank you enough for that. It’s really amazing. Thank you, Andrew. Completely unexpected and changed my life. I was reborn again.
Actually, two weeks ago was the first time I actually trained for three hours with the proper training, first time I put on dance clothes again in almost six years now and this is how I looked like. That was two weeks ago. I could dance again.
I said, “Wow, everything is going so well maybe I should just back off a little bit and stay in my little comfortable life and make a few excuses.” That’s really comfortable here because I had the knowledge now to maybe build something, some sort of business or a dance. Also, I knew I could dance, so let’s back off a little bit. It’s a bit too fast here. I said, “I don’t have enough experience or I don’t know the first thing about websites. I don’t speak English well enough.”
“Ha, ha, ha.” They laughed at me. It’s like, “What are you doing now?”
“I don’t speak like a business woman. If you know me in the outside world, I’m always jumping around and dancing. I don’t have the serious look that you would expect out of business people. People don’t understand me on the phone. They always ask me to repeat myself. It’s so frustrating. I’m just not good enough.”
He said, “It doesn’t matter.”
But then I thought, you know what, it’s like people coming to a dance class and saying, “Oh, I’m so sorry. I got two left feet. I can’t dance.”
“Well, my friend, you’ve got a right foot, a left foot. I think you’ll be fine.”
If you’ve got excuses, maybe you should think about doing the same because they’re just irrelevant. You can just do it. So, let’s go for it.
With zero experience on the Internet or in business and with no money to invest in it, what the hell am I going to do now? It just gave me an idea. I’ve got a lot of experience as a dancer, so I’m going to write a book. I’m going to share what my experience is. So I went and looked at my Our Internet Secrets notes.
What do I do first? First, I’m going to do research to make sure this project is viable. I followed step-by-step everything that I’ve been taught like you’ve been taught this weekend. What keyword do I need to use? Is it a viable project? Do I make money out of it? Do people want it? Are people actually looking for this information? Who are my clients? Who are going to be my competition? It happened I had no competition in the field. It was awesome. What was going to be my twist?
I figured all that out. It took me about three weeks. That was in February. Then I put together a marketing plan. Twelve months ago when Nick said, “I’m going to need to learn Internet marketing,” I went to the dictionary and went, “Marke – what? What does that mean? Hmm… That’s interesting.” You can’t think of anyone less dedicated than me in this area to a business like this.
I still managed to put a marketing plan. This is how it looked like. It’s very simple. Here I made another decision. I thought, because I know this project is viable, I’ve done the research. I know I can make some money out of this. Unless I tried every single one of those little boxes, I will not give up on this project because now I know the first one, the second one, the third one won’t work. But what if the fourth one works? Tick. Alex wins. And then I make a business.
So, I went on and wrote my book. My English was good, not great. It’s okay. I professionally did that with Carol fixing that. Here we are, three weeks later, I had the book with 23 contributors from 11 different countries. I followed exactly that interview system step-by-step. Some on emails, some on the audio – I did not try and bend the wheel. How would I know? I’m a dancer. I just followed what they taught me and here was my book.
Then I needed to publish it. I needed about $11,000 for that. I didn’t want to invest and involve personal money in it and I didn’t want going to that. I wanted a business to be profitable from day one. I thought, “How can I do that?” I believe everything is possible.
I had a great idea. I need a system that I can reproduce anytime I want to be able to pay for my business so the business can make money and pay for itself and it’s just fine. How do I pay for my project? I felt so clever when I came up with that one I thought I’m going to get sponsors. People are going to be so interested in what I’m doing. Well, I did a really nice sponsor pack, contacted people, followed up on the phone – nobody signed up. I thought, “Oh, I didn’t feel so clever anymore.”
But did I give up? No. I just kept going. I have much more boxes to tick. Then I thought that was a really good idea. I felt even more clever on that one. I thought, “I’ve got 3,000 people on the list. I’m going to sell the book bulk to dance schools.” At that time, I just have one document. What document? That was my book. Not even good English. Not even all in English at this stage.
“Do you want to buy one of those? Actually, do you want to buy 25 or 50 of those?” It looks like nothing.
People just said, “We’re interested but we don’t know what you’re doing here. So, thank you.”
But I still managed to sell 50 books. It was pretty awesome. So I got a bit excited.
I thought, “What if I sell advertising?” Then that was the start of a really good week – a week that changed my life. If I knew that was so easy, damn it.
This is my secret:
Step one, you send an email. Can everyone here send an email? That’s step one. Take note. It’s very important.
Step two, you call two days later or you send a second email.
Step three, that’s the most important point. You get paid.
That’s all I did. I don’t think it can be simpler than that. Results? In my first seven days, I made over $14,000 and I got a free exposure to over 70,000 people from all around the world, so internationally.
I’ve got affiliates calling me up saying, “Hey, I’ve got this list of 30,000 people. Do you need affiliates?”
Of course I said, “No, no, no, no, no.” That’s fantastic. I couldn’t believe this. It happened to me. Whoa.
I still managed to sell 257 books even before the book was finished. That was because I got my advertisers to promote the book as well. It was the deal. Get back [12:02 inaudible] and just get the wheel going.
Getting $1,000, up to $4,000 phone calls every single day is fun. It’s really motivating. I felt so good at the end of that week, I was on the phone all the time, I was following up people – that was so much fun. It took an email and a phone call.
I thought, “I’m going to build my business.” I built a bonus that I could just give away to people. That’s a nice little recipe book called “100 Healthy Snacks” and I just either sell it or give it as a bonus. That fits really well with some of the stuff I talked about in the book.
I’ve got the website where I sell the book. The main purpose of this website is to sell the book and also promote master classes where I go to dance schools and teach and then I make $500 to $4,000 in about 90 minutes. I do that on that site. But most importantly, I build my list there.
The benefits of buying one product – they buy my book and then what? I needed some backend to my business. I needed to find a way to get some revenue ongoing without having to work for it because I’ve got a two-year-old to take care of. If you’ve got kids, they keep you fit.
So, I built up this website. By the way, I did the website myself. As an advertising membership, which means that I get people to advertise on this site for $49 to $497 a month with more or less exposure depending on how much they pay and then here we go. I get paid every month and without even trying to get people on this yet, I already got nine people signed up. So, that’s really exciting.
Now I need to just market that thing. The potential on this one is pretty much unlimited because I set it up so I can put as many people as I want. My goal within the next 18 months is to make half a million dollar a month. Do you think I’m going to stop? Is that motivating? I’m not giving up until I get that.
Then I thought, “I’m going to reproduce the system.” My husband was about to publish a book, so I thought, “You know what, I’m going to do it again with you.” Guess what? It worked again. I asked him, “How many ads do you want in your book?”
He said, “Six.”
I said, “All right.” I wrote 45 emails. It took me about three hours to just [14:41 inaudible] all those things. I got five ads paid for $1,000 each, plus a contra-deal that gets him lots of exposure. That’s actually with Jason Urbanowicz. You saw the testimonial a little bit earlier.
The system works and I can use it and reproduce it anytime I need or want. How fun is that? An email and a phone call.
There’s more. Talk about free publicity. I thought, “Well, I can send emails. That’s pretty easy.” I did that and I got interviews happening from actually next week and for the next four months in every single one of the major events made here in Australia. I got interviews in Dance Australia Magazine and a bunch of other ones. You pretty don’t care about that. All you need to care about is that they are putting my interview in their magazine online in their business news. That’s free publicity to thousands of people that actually are interested in what I’m saying. How cool is that?
My reputation is growing. Three weeks ago I was invited to judge a competition in central coast, a big dance competition. They took me seriously. I just couldn’t believe it. I was a jumpy little person and all of a sudden I was a very serious judge. “Here you go, first prize.” But I did a pretty good job. I even got to sell a few more books. That’s cool.
Then I got a few emails. There are grumpy people and I thought, “Whatever.” I’m not going to care. I’m going to take the feedback and if I need to fix things, I will. but I’m going to stay positive and I’m going to see what all the people are saying about my product and what I’m doing, because I’ve got pages and pages now in about three months of amazing testimonials from all around the world that are just so supportive. It just makes your heart go, “Oh, I’m doing something good here.” I do it for the people. I’m just deciding I’m focusing on the positive stuff. Yes, some stuff are going to go wrong. But that’s okay because more good stuff are going to go right. Just remember that.
What are your excuses? Seriously, do you have two left feet? Can you speak English better than me? Probably. I hope for you. Do you know how to send an email? Do you know how to follow step-by-step instructions that are easy? Do you know how to dial a phone number?
Alex: All right, that’s it. You can do it. I believe every single one of you can do it because I did it. I started five months ago, I still had no idea what I was doing. I didn’t know the first thing about any of that. I’m doing this for my family because now I get time for them. I get to take more care of them. I get to be a happier person around them because I’m not bored anymore. I’ve got a lifestyle.
I actually love my life now. I’ve got a purpose, a mission. I’m helping dancers to be called professional dancers in a smart and healthy way. How good is that? Avoid people to becoming injured like me and I’m doing this. It’s just amazing.
Yes, it’s your turn right now. You have ideas written down. I know. I checked last night. I talked to you. You made effort to be in this room and you know you have no good excuse not to. What excuse do you seriously have? Can you speak English? That’s all you need.
I’ve proven it’s much more easier than it actually looks. If I could do it then you can too. I really, really believe it. There’s no secret. Just follow the system. Thank you.
[Julie Lewin Case Study] How a Cancer Survivor Increased Her Worth 10x & Built A 6 Figure Income Through Her Passion In Celestial Healing
Posted on 12. Oct, 2012 by Our Internet Secrets.
Some of you may know Julie Lewin, who did a fantastic job at our support desk for many years. What you may not know about Julie might shock you. In 2000, Julie was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and could not speak for an entire year.
What would you do if this happened to you?
She made a promise that if she ever got the ability to speak back, she would live her passion and inspire others to live their dreams….
In 2008 Julie attended an OurInternetSecrets event and hasn’t looked back since. She’s inspired thousands with her intuitive healing techniques, spoken as an expert on many stages, has put together a celestial consciousness retreat (which made her $16500 in one week) and now charges $497 session, up from $50 session a few short years ago.
Julie is a shining example of what you can do if you put your mind to it and apply some of the strategies we’ll be teaching at our 4 Day workshop.
You can listen to some of the fantastic results Julie has achieved in the video.
Here are some of the key lessons Julie learned in her journey:
1. Challenge yourself on your mentors. They can help accelerate the process and save you hours of pain and lots of money!
2. How much you are worth? Don’t be tied down to your own pre-conceived ideas. Create massive value and don’t be afraid to charge what you’re worth.
3. If you get a chance, work to learn and soak up as much as you can from people who are succeeding.
4. Believe in yourself and can climb mountains you never thought you could previously climb.
Julie: Who’s learned something today? Who’s still waiting to learn something? This is a real honour. “How to Increase Your Fees 10 times and Build a Six-Figure Income” – that’s what I want to talk to you about in the next 15 to 20 minutes.
It’s taken me a long time to get to this point. That little blue down the bottom there, I only got that yesterday. Nothing like a deadline to make you do something. I finished my PowerPoint presentation an hour ago and Daryl said, “Are you ready?” I said, “Yes.” So, here we go.
Who is Julie Lewin? I haven’t got lots of words for you. I like pictures. They say it speaks a thousand words. I was born in Gympie and I didn’t stay there long. My parents went roaming and we ended up in Mt. Isa. Do you see that stack there, the big one? That is half a kilometre high and I’ve got a story about that that I’ll tell you later.
I’m married to the amazing Frank and some of you may have met Frank. He’s quite a character. We got married 30 years ago in October and yes, we did have two babies. They wouldn’t let me put their pictures up here so I’ve just written “two babies.” We raised our children in Brisbane. These are my children now. We ran away from home two and a half years ago and left them with everything. We started again in the country and we love it.
Oh, there is a little bit of something else about me. I’m a healer and a medical intuitive. That might be a bit woo-hoo for some of you and it was for me when I was told that 28 years ago. What can I say about that? I discovered that I could see inside people’s bodies and locate the root cause of their discomfort. It didn’t happen overnight, but I decided I wanted to have that life, so I practiced every single day for the last 28 years.
Why have I got the Olympics symbols there? I met an Olympian in this room. We actually went to the function on the Saturday night and she started telling me about the Olympian mindset. I thought, “Wow! I have a mindset like that, but I’m not an Olympian.”
Let’s see what an Olympian mindset is. It’s determination, it’s inner strength, you’re hard working and persistent, you’re self-motivated like you light that light in your heart. No one else can do that for you. You can deal with adversity and you have tenacity. When you have those qualities, it means you can pick yourself up off the bathroom floor where you’ve been sobbing, get back into your life, and keep going with whatever it is that you want to do. You’re optimistic and positive and you have the ability to be really focused.
That’s what I’ve done over the last 28 years in a lot of different areas of my life. I practiced for nine years. I got to go on that TV show The Extraordinary where they tested me on film because I rang them up and said, “I can see inside of people’s bodies.”
They said, “Oh yeah, right.” They said, “Have you got anyone who can prove this?”
I said, “Well, my mom.”
They said, “Someone else?”
I said, “What about a doctor, a psychiatrist, and a nurse?”
They said, “Yes.” And so they rang me about six weeks later and said, “We’ll have film crew in town in a couple of days. We want to film you.”
I said, “I don’t think so.”
I said, “I don’t want to be made a mockery of, because what I do is serious.”
They said, “We promise we won’t do that.”
That TV show – no word of a lie – I would’ve filled this room with letters ten times over. My husband went and picked a sack up from the post box every day and it was very overwhelming, and so I decided I wanted to hide.
There’s a reason why I’ve got this here. Responding to all of those people, I thought that I was obliged to give all of myself to those tens of thousands of people that wanted a piece of me, so I did. There was a consequence. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in May 2000. The day after I had surgery I went to speak to my doctor and I couldn’t speak. I lost my voice for a year and I said to God, “If you let me speak again, live my passion, speak about it here today to inspire people to live their dreams and climb their mountains, I promise I’ll do that.”
We’ll fast forward to 2006. I’ve built my very first website. It was a clunky website, it’s still there, and it was through something called SiteBuilder. I’ve put a lot of my heart and soul into that and I thought I was doing pretty well. But I knew I needed something more.
Fast forward to 2008, Facebook changed my life. I know that sounds a pretty weird thing to say. My best friend from when I was 20 – and we had our babies together when I was 24 and 26 – found me on Facebook, exactly a month before there was one of this events. She got two tickets and she said, “Julie, would you like to come to Sydney with me to that event?” It was the very first Our Internet Secrets event that was like this.
I said, “Oh, I haven’t got any money. But I do have $400 to buy my passport so I can go to Thailand in two months. I’ll use that.” So I did. I spent my passport money and I went to Our Internet Secrets and I just kept saying, “Oh my God, oh my God! This is exactly what I’ve been asking for. God answers my prayers.” I joined Our Internet Secrets.
I’m going to fast forward to February, that’s five months later. You’re going to hear Daryl say something later and it might still hit thunder, but some people really bug her. I was one of them. I was still doing my research five months later. I never went to this event. This is part of the OIS program that they’ll talk to you about later. I was at that event. I didn’t have a topic. I didn’t know what I was going to write about. I was very confused in myself.
I spoke to Andrew and he said, “You need to go and speak to Paul Blackburn,” and I did. No word of a lie, in three minutes he changed my life. By the end of that first day, I had my topic. I went home, did some research on the Internet, and the next day I had a 30-day plan. In 30 days I created a product.
I went into a recording studio and I recorded ten healing mediations for before, during, and after surgery. I wrote an e-book, I outsourced the sales letter, and I had the project manage it because those guys at the recording studio said, “Sure, we’ll have that done in 48 hours,” they didn’t. I had to keep hassling them. Then they said, “Yes, we’ll get the guy to digitally master it. He’ll do that in 24 hours.” He didn’t. I’ve got everything on the 30th day. That was my target that I would submit everything to OIS tech is on the 30th day – and I did.
Thirty days later, I got my website back and I made my first sale overnight. Do you think I was a pretty happy cookie? I was. I’ve made some money from that product, but it’s not my best product and I need to market it more. Actually, here it is. It is actually a real live product. Who wants it? There you go.
Who knows Bret Thomson? He’s a copywriter extraordinaire. He’s an all-around good guy and you’re going to meet him this afternoon. I decided I wanted to be a little Bret Thomson wannabe, so I said, “Bret, are you going to teach this stuff that you do?” and he said, “Yes.” I said, “I want to be your first student.” I was one of his first students. I thought I was going to be Australia’s next best thing to women copywriting. I wasn’t.
I had big dreams in October 2009. I had no money. My clients were paying me $50 a consultation, I had a huge heart. I’ve made this deal with God that if He gave me back my voice that I would help people. I was really willing to learn. Andrew and Daryl provided that environment for me to learn and I’ll tell you what, I ate it, I slept it, I breathed it, and I did everything that they told me to do.
Guess what? I got offered a job with Andrew and Daryl and I became the OIS help desk manager in October 2009. I got trained for a few weeks and then I was on my own. I wrote this email to Daryl. I said, “Dear Daryl, you have the wrong person. I so cannot do this job. You’ll have to find someone else.” I went to press “Enter” and I couldn’t. I did that four times and I said, “Okay, maybe I’m not meant to quit this job,” but I did need some help.
I had a friend who had just become a hypnotherapist and I said, “You need to get here right now. I’m about to quit the best job in my life.” She actually drove over. I still had the emails open on my computer that I couldn’t answer. No word of a lie, she sat on my front veranda with me and did an intervention. Sounds cool. She left, I went back inside, I started answering those emails, and I didn’t stop.
I have had the most extraordinary journey with Andrew and Daryl. I love everything to do with Our Internet Secrets. That’s my favourite part on the website and anyone who’s had a welcome call with me will know that.
Andrew and Daryl – these are my mentors. I absolutely love the mentorship that they’ve given me and it’s transformed my life.
Janet Beckers – she’s one of the OIS Faculty members and you’ll hear a bit more about her. She’s the joint venture queen.
Guess what? I had a recruitment agency from Adelaide Facebook me privately (I didn’t know who they were) and said, “Can we do a joint venture with you? We wanted a joint venture on all of your products.”
I said, “But my website is not finished yet.”
“Oh, as soon as it’s done send it to us and we’ll put it on our website. We’ll market it to our thousands of people.” That just happened last week. Yes, thank you.
Gideon Shalwick – he’s another one of Our Internet Secrets Faculty members. He’s the video blogging expert and what he doesn’t know is not worth knowing.
You’ll see all these people later. They’re all my mentors.
Fast forward to September 2011, I had my first speaking gig with Adam Gibson. I spoke for 90 minutes, closed 50% of the room and made $5,000. I was very excited. I’ve never made that much money in that short a time in my life. In that moment I thought, you know what, I can do anything I want to do. I can make as much money as I want. I just have to put my heart and soul into it and ask for it.
Fast forward to April 2012, Celestial Consciousness Retreat. I didn’t follow Andrew and Daryl’s advice. I didn’t do the middle steps. I just went from the little product to the big product and I charged $3,300 for that. I sold out and I made $16,500 in a week. My next one is in November. I’m pretty excited about that. I went in two years from $50 a session, I now charge $497 a session and I have a monthly target of 20. Sometimes I make it, sometimes I do more, sometimes I do less, but it averages out.
You see that there? I said I wanted to go to the top of that. I’m afraid of heights and to get to the top of that I had to go in a cage that had just bars on it. We went half a kilometre up in the air and then the guy that took me up there said, “Now you have to get on that ladder that goes half a kilometre down and you have to climb another six feet to get right up to the rim up there.” It took him 20 minutes to get me to get on the ladder. Then I climbed and my head hit something. It hit a ceiling. They talk about a glass ceiling, I hit a wooden ceiling.
I said, “I can’t go any further.”
He said, “Sure you can.”
I said, “No, I can’t.”
He said, “That changed things. Well, you have to just come back down and step over that half a kilometre chasm and get back on here. We’ll have to wait for them to send us back down.”
I was stuck on that ladder for 25 minutes like this in my slippery hands. Anyway, he coaxed me back down. I always remember that when I think that I can’t do something. I saved my own life in that stupid thing that I did, but maybe it was one of the best things that I ever did. That was a moment.
I’m very excited to have pulled together my ultimate business model. My first tip is I’ll give away something for free. Oh, I’ve made a mistake. “Seven Steps to Celestial Consciousness.” I just started a meditation circle, it’s live online to anyone in the world and we discuss it afterwards in a special Facebook group. I do a one-day workshop on mastering intuition, because that’s what I’ve developed. I’ve developed my intuition to a really high regard. I’ve created a home study pack. There’s my six-day retreat. I do mentoring. I have my first mentoring client on Monday and she really loves that. Then I’ve got a high end mentoring program. I’m not going into what all of those are. I haven’t got any time.
Who wants to feel the love? Who wants to know how to stop psychic vampires from sucking your energy? I can teach you how to do that. I’ve got four eclasses. I sell them for $97. I’ll give you them for free.
This is my meditation room. This is the PowerPoint slide that comes up when I do the webinar, so everyone knows that I’m sitting in there recording this web meditation. I’ll give you the first one for free.
Vote for me if I have inspired you. Thank you, everyone.
Posted on 12. Oct, 2012 by Our Internet Secrets.
How’s your internet business going? Did you set “passive income” goals for 2012? And are you on track to achieve them?
Here are some tips that can help. (And a gift for you at the end)
Whenever we look at starting a new internet business, one of the keys to success is picking the right thing to sell.
Now we love selling information products – they’re high value, easy and cheap to produce, and there’s nothing to ship. But how do you choose what to sell? How do you know if it’s going to be a winner or a dud?
Here are the top 3 criteria we use. If a topic fits these, then we can be pretty sure it’s going to make us LOADS:
1. People REALLY want the information. It’s something they’re passionate about and will actively go looking for. We avoid topics about things that people NEED but don’t WANT. Things that solve people’s problems at a point of crisis, or help them achieve their goals sell best. So you’re unlikely to sell much to the general male population on “How to prevent prostate cancer” (yes, they need it, but do they want it?). But a product on “Natural ways to get your baby to sleep” aimed at sleep-deprived parents will sell all day (and all night?) long.
2. We can find a unique TWIST on a popular topic. It’s really important to be able to stand out from the competition. There are lots of ways to do this. For example you may come up with a new solution to a common problem. Or you may get unique access to experts who can help (eg by interviewing them). Or you may have an unusual success story of your own. Our skin cancer advice ebook stands out from all the technical and medical info out there, because it’s a book of survivor stories of people who used a mix of alternative and western medicine to successfully treat advanced melanoma. How hard was it to write the book? Not hard at all – we paid a journalist we found on www.vWorker.com to find and interview the people featured in the book.
3. It’s easy to find potential customers. That means that you know where they hang out – what do they search for online? Who else already sells something to them? (and would they be willing to promote your product to their customers?) What blogs or forums do they visit? Do they read particular magazines? If we can figure out these things, then we know it’s going to be easy to get targeted traffic to our website – which will translate into income.
Now here’s that gift.
We’ll be giving lots more practical info and examples about setting up a successful internet business at our workshop in October.
If you’ve seen us on stage before then you’ll know that our training is always practical, step-by-step and straight forward, with loads of examples to make it easy to understand.
As a client of ours we’d love to see you and a friend at this event. It’s on 26-29 October at the Q1 Building, Surfers Paradise, Queensland.
To reserve your place, please go to the link below and fill in your details. Once you’ve done this your place will be confirmed.
If you’ve been looking for a better way to make a lifestyle business work, this is event is just what the Doctor ordered!
I look forward to seeing you there and personally helping you on your journey.