Posted on 04. Nov, 2014 by Our Internet Secrets.
A couple of weeks ago we had a bunch of our coaching clients come over to Thailand for a week. As part of the learnings we took about 30 of them to the Tiger Temple. Getting up close (really close!) to these beautiful tigers is breath-taking!
We got to pat them, hug them, watch them play like kittens. And one lucky boy even got to ride one! Check out this picture of 9 year old Braydon (and his mum Sharna’s reaction!)…
You can see more of our Tiger Temple pics here: http://ourinternetsecrets.com/makethechangeworkshop
Now the visit to the Tiger Temple wasn’t just about having a fun day out. There were lots of business lessons too. The main one was about getting out of your comfort zone, and the rewards you get when you do.
You see, we meet lots of people who claim that they want to change their lives, set up a great internet business, and make large amounts of passive income.
But remember, change is a two-edged sword. If you’re going to get results that are different from what you’re currently getting, then you need to do something different.
And that means getting out of your comfort zone. Sometimes doing things that can be really scary. Things like:
- Asking for money (ie making a sale!)
- Asking an expert for their help (ie interviewing them for content for your product)
- Asking someone to tell all their contacts how great you are (ie getting a list owner to promote your product)
- Applying your Maths or English skills (ie testing and measuring your results, or writing copy)
Whatever your version of “tiger riding”, it’s something you’ll need to deal with if you’re going to run a successful online business.
And the easiest way is to get help from someone who’s done it before. At our “Make the Change” workshop we’ll show you our step-by-step methods, tips and shortcuts to creating a business that can fund the life of your dreams. By the end of the workshop you’ll have the skills and the confidence you need to take your online business to the next level.
If you haven’t yet booked, here are the details again:
“Make the Change” workshop is on 14-16 November at the Hotel Grand Chancellor, Hanlan St, Surfers Paradise. Timing is 9am – 5:30pm each day.
To book your place now please use this link
See you there!
Andrew and Daryl Grant
Posted on 09. Oct, 2014 by Our Internet Secrets.
Not long to go now before the exciting “Make the Change” workshop on the Gold Coast! At the event you’ll get everything you need to create your dream lifestyle.
Here are just some of the things you’ll get:
- We’ll take you step-by-step through the systems we use to create internet businesses – from little projects that you can set up on a Saturday afternoon, to multi-million-dollar businesses. We show you in detail what you need to do from start to finish.
- We’ll show you what’s working right now in terms of marketing. You know how quickly things change online? We know it can be hard to keep up. So we’ll make it easy for you, and show you the systems that are giving us (and our clients) the best results.
- Practical demos of each step in setting up an internet business, so you know exactly what to do (and how to do it!) when you get home
- Loads of case studies of people who are applying our systems and making great incomes as a result – really inspiring stuff!
- More advanced strategies that can take your income to the next level. You’ll learn a system that consistently creates a 6- or 7-figure income in its first year
- You get to meet lots of people who are successfully applying what they’ve learned from us. They share with you their journey – what they did, their hurdles and their successes. We find this is the best way to learn – from people who are out their doing it every day.
- You walk out at the end of the event with your very own 12 month plan, so you can use what you’ve learned to create the lifestyle you’re after. Whether you want to “sack the boss” and create your own business, create a passive income so you can retire early, or just make a bit of extra cash on the side, you’ll know exactly what you need to do to achieve it.
Look forward to seeing you there!
Andrew and Daryl
Posted on 03. Oct, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
Do you have a product, membership site or service you’d like to sell on a larger scale?
Speaking from the stage can make a huge difference to your ability to build relationships and get your message across quickly.
It has far more impact than a written sales letter ever could deliver, and as a result you can expect much higher conversion rates to your audiences. this has been proven time and time again.
Key considerations are which audiences that might be a good fit, getting your foot in the door to speak to them and tailoring your presentation and your sales pitch to target them!
In this post let’s examine some fundamentals of speaking. There are 2 possibilities when speaking:
Being a guest speaker at others’ events
We recommend starting by speaking at others events, since setting up your own initially can be costly and time intensive, especially if you haven’t done it before. Marketing and promotion to get enough people in the room can also require substantial investments in time and money. All of this detracts from what your main purpose should be, which is to deliver a powerful and compelling presentation.
Obviously, speaking at someone else’s event usually goes hand in hand with profit sharing any of the sales you do make, but it is a good tradeoff, especially if you’re just getting started. As you get more experience and generate more sales, you should ideally aim to speak at your own independently run events.
Running your Own events
Nothing sells better than your own event since your own attendees know, like and hopefully trust you! You can control the environment, timelines, change your offer to suit the audience and generally have alot more flexibility as compared to someone else’s event.
Structuring Your Killer Presentation
The structure of your talk is critical to getting your attendees to take action. A great talk will make people feel they’ve been educated but also feel compelled to take you up on your offer. Here’s a formula that has made us alot of money. We follow it by the book and it never fails to produce some great conversions.
- 10-15 minutes – introducing you and building your credibility
You want to be telling people why they want to be listening to you. Daryl and I talk about when we were just where you are. We then say ‘here’s why you should listen to us’ and tell them the story of where we were, where we have come from, and now where we are now. We provide proof of what it is that we now do, since we’re really selling the ‘Lifestyle’. We show photos of the lifestyle. When we travel we deliberately take photos and videos for our promo material.
Proof and credibility can also come from being on another person’s stage, so don’t be afraid to have the person introducing you to say during the introduction. Some people will be fine and will read it; others won’t use it at all.
- 30-60 minutes of content (structured like your free content page, ie., steps or keys to success)
You want to model your free content page on this concept:
- Here’s the problem
- Aggravate the problem
- Provide a solution
- Provide proof
- 15-20 minutes close
You’ve talked about the solution. Tell them, if you want to take this further, and x is great for you – here’s how you can take it to the next step.
Whoever has been interested in your talk at this point would be prime candidates for listening to your offer. This is also a good point to transition to your offer.
Make sure you have timed your talk. This is a mistake that newbie’s do. Do not go over time! If they say you have 60 minutes, and you get to 45 minutes and you haven’t got to all your content yet…. start your close immediately! NEVER run out of time to do your close.
We print out our PowerPoint slides and write a time on the PowerPoint slide so we know where we are in our talk. Don’t surprise yourself at the end and run out of time.
Generally people choke on the close and they’ll subconsciously try to avoid the close. The best way to get this smooth is to practise it on someone before you get up on stage.
We’ve spoken from the stage successfully and many of our students have also been successful spreading their message in front of audiences. It’s not that daunting once you’ve done a few!
Join us at the next 4 Day workshop (free entry for all clients of ours) where we teach you other proven strategies to market and monetise your web presence. It’ll be the best workshop of its kind that you’ll attend!
Click the image below to register:
Posted on 25. Sep, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
Joint Ventures are one of the main strategies we’ve used to grow our business into a 7 Figure business. Whenever we 80/20 our marketing strategies, Joint Ventures almost always reach the top!
When you have a product that you’ve worked hard on, and someone else can profit from them by a simple mailout to their list, JVs are a quick, easy and powerful way to create win-win relationships.
We’ve used Joint Ventures to promote and market our events, membership sites, ebooks and coaching. They’re also highly cost effective and if you’ve picked your partners and audiences carefully can have a good conversion rate, since there is usually a good relationship that exists between your JV partner and their list.
So lets look at some fundamental concepts if you’re new to the idea of Joint Ventures.
Why do joint ventures with list owners?
• It’s easy to find your customers
• It becomes a targeted list
- They are generally qualified buys
- They have proven before that they are interested in the topic
- It makes your chances of getting a sale a lot greater
• Value of relationship vs. cold calling
- You can ride off the existing relationship the JV partner has with their list
- If you do a JV with someone who has a bad relationship with their list – your relationship with them can sour
- You need to think about the quality of the list
- How responsive is the list?
• Provides credibility via association with “trusted friend and advisor”
• Low cost marketing
- The money is paid after the sale has been done
- This helps your cash flow
- You don’t necessarily have to pay the JV partner – they sometimes just want to know that you are looking after their clients
- Some JVs are not allowed to take money
- Sometimes these are government departments
We’ve done things where we’ve provided service to government departments, and we said we’re happy to pay you a part of what we make. They can’t take it because it is seen as a bribe.
What makes a good JV partner?
• Relevance to your topic
• Complementary rather than competing
- If you are their competitor – make your offer or what you are talking about so that it complements what they are doing – rather than seeing you as a competitor!
• Size of list
- Access to a large list is fantastic
- But what makes it valuable is the size x the relationship with the list
• Relationship with their list
- The relationship of the list is very key to your success with a Joint Venture!
• Willingness to JV with you
- You may need to step some people through the benefits of a Joint Venture.
Where and How To Find List Owners
• People you know
- Write down a list of everyone who might be worth approaching for a JV.
- Approach the relevant associations that are in your niche
• Free publicity – people approach you
- Look at newspapers, articles – keep your ears open for people who may have a list
- When you get free publicity you get known and people will start approaching you
- A good way of doing expos is to get a stall
- Go around and talk to each of the stall owners. Let them know you do, exchange contact details and follow them up after the event.
- Some of our students have done this and come away with 50-60 hot JV leads
- So long as you are not a direct competitor – they will love to talk to you
• Online – sellers of eBooks, site owners, forum or blog owners
- Approach them in a personal way and make it a win for them aswell.
• eBay is often an overlooked opportunity
- it is a transparent platform and you can see who are the top sellers in eBay over the rest of the sellers
- Find the top sellers in your niche or related niche’s and see if they’d be open to doing a JV of sorts.
- Eg.: Handbags – www.becomestylish.com – go to eBay and find the top sellers on eBay and approach them. Ask them what is the only way that you can compete with your opposition. Tell them “If I could give you something that would make your sale more likely against your competitor or if could I give your customers something to make your product more attractive to them, would you be interested in teaming up?” It is low cost to you but perceive high value to them.
• Www.Technorati.com – this is a search engine that ranks blogs. You can find the top blogs in your niche and they may want you to do articles for them.
• Buy the list
- You can do this on www.flippa.com – buy a site that has a big volume of traffic each month
- Or buy a site that has a list
- And tell them about what you have on your site
How to approach list owners and what to offer
• Go in with the attitude “I’m giving you something of value here”
• Don’t always need to offer an affiliate link
• Understand what’s in it for them – great free content for their members
o Do some research about the potential JV
o Craft an offer that is likely to hit the spot for them
• Make it easy for them to participate
o Do all the work for them – they just need to send out the autoresponder
o The chances are you are more likely to get a YES if you handle most of the workload for them
• Wherever possible, collect the money and you pay them
o Where you control the money is better for you
o At times the money doesn’t always make it to you at times
How to approach the JV’s list
• Send an email series with a link to your landing page
• Email series with link to an event (teleconference, webinar, workshop) where you sell your membership site
• Interview (with a call to action to join your membership site), promoted to JV list via email, blog, social media
• Launch your membership site to several lists at once with special bonuses
• Give them a DVD or CD (with a call to action to join your membership site) to put in their hard copy newsletter
• Give an eBay seller or retail store owner a DVD or CD to include as a bonus with their products
• Give vouchers for one month free membership to a JV who sells a big pack
• Give vouchers for one month free to a JV who regularly sees your clients (eg., a Naturopath)
- Eg., if you have a membership site – www.parkinsonsrecoveryprogram.com – and you have a practitioner who sees your client regularly – they could recommend the product as a free trial
There is a 2 day workshop on Joint Ventures in Our Internet Secrets, make sure you check it out!
So there you have it, some key principles and tips that have been highly profitable for both our clients and for ourselves.
Come along to our next 4 Day workshop, the breeding ground for some of the most profitable Joint Ventures we’ve ever seen! You just never know who you’re going to meet.
Free tickets to our FINAL event of the year, click below:
Posted on 24. Sep, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
Have you booked for our 4 Day internet marketing workshop yet? If you’re keen on having a successful internet business and would like some practical, step-by-step training, then we’d love to see you there.
It’s on 8-11th November at Mantra legends, Surfers Paradise, Queensland.
To reserve a place for you and a friend, please go to the link below and fill in your details. Once you’ve done this your place will be confirmed.
Here’s what we’ll be covering.
The workshop is based around the 3 keys to a successful online business:
- Product (What do you sell? What niche?)
- Traffic (How to get targeted buyers to your website)
- Conversions (How to get them to buy once they get there)
Specifically, here’s what we’ll be covering:
- Where to start if you’ve never made money online before.
- How to build powerful little money-earning web-businesses that are so simple you can set them up on a Saturday afternoon.
- A live demo of an easy-do-do web-strategy which made us US$250,000 in our first 12 months from a standing start.
- How to quickly and easily create websites that generate passive income – set them up once, and they chug away making money day-in, day-out, with little or no further effort from you. (These strategies make us tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars a year).
- More advanced strategies that can take your income up to the next level. Over the last four years we’ve perfected a business model that’s made us many millions of dollars. We’ve also taught that business system to others, and they’ve made hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars from it.
- How to identify and eliminate any sub-conscious blockages you may have to earning passive income. This was a very important key to our success. We’ll show you the exercises we still do today to keep our internet business growing, and more importantly to keep the passive income flowing.
- How to plan and implement your overall internet business, so that you build a secure, ongoing income. We believe that planning is essential if you want consistent, long term internet income you can rely on.
We believe that now more than ever it’s vital for you to have a second (and third, and fourth…) stream of income. For us, it’s the internet that provides that sort of security. Imagine having several internet businesses each bringing in a few hundred, or even a few thousand dollars a month. What would that do for your peace of mind?
What’s stopping you?
If you’re like most of the people we talk to about this, then the answer comes down to one of two things:
- “I don’t know where to start with an internet business” or
- “I have an internet business but it’s not making enough money and I don’t know how to improve it”
If you are in either of these categories, then these workshops are designed to help you.
Andrew and Daryl
Posted on 18. Sep, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
On their recent trip, Andrew and Daryl took some time out to share the magnificent views from their cruise ship.
They’re also really excited about their upcoming November workshop, where they will be giving away a top of the line iPad mini to one lucky attendee!
If you’d like to WIN the iPad mini – along with a whole suite of amazing prizes worth over $20,000 – you’ve got to come along and be in it to win it. But let’s not forget you’ll learn some life changing discoveries that will help you achieve the levels of financial freedom you desire.
Simply head on over to THIS LINK and register your complimentary tickets. You’ll also learn what we’ll be teaching at the workshop and hear from some past attendees.
DATE 8th-11th November 2013
LOCATION Mantra Legends Hotel Gold Coast
See you there and GOOD LUCK!
Posted on 05. Sep, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
Annette won the audience over at our 4 Day workshop with her story on how she tripled her income which allowed her to spend more time on the beach drinking pina colada’s!
She used to work in the fashion industry, was in a huge amount of debt, had 2 mortgages and worked really long hours.
Overnight, her company went out of business and she was out of a job!
She then started a wedding planning and fashion design business, and things started to take off… until she fell into the same trap of trading time for money.
Hear how she transformed her business model and lifestyle!
Annette’s top tips:
- Descriptive URL and one Purpose
- Build a database
- Increase your Price
- Emotional Selling
- Products that can be bought online
- International product
- Systemise and Automate
She explains each of these in detail, so be sure to pay attention and have a pen and paper handy to write down your distinctions!
As a result of learning from Andrew and Daryl’s teachings, Annette:
- Profits from her passion, even though she has no IT or tech experience whatsoever!
- Made $24,000 after attending the OIS workshop
- Built an auto pilot business on clickbank
- Dropped from working 6 days a week to 2 days a week, but makes more money
- Is able to travel the world and make sales while she’s having a great time
- Has the means to feed her serial shopping addiction!
If you’d like to experience the event that transformed Annette’s life, you’re in luck.
Andrew and Daryl are for the last time this year, hosting one of their amazing (and free) 4-Day events from 8-11 November on the Gold Coast. Do whatever you have to do, but make sure you get there!
Posted on 03. Sep, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
Failure is an integral part of your success and everyone has to experience it at some point. Today we want to look at managing failure and ask “how do successful people manage failure?”
Hello, Andrew Grant here with a special guest post today!
Whatever path you choose in life, you’ll have to deal with roadblocks and challenges. Having owned and run several successful businesses and having helped clients in all industries succeed, one of the key attributes is learning how to ‘fail’ like a champion!
Today I’d like to share some key thoughts on the topic of embracing failures as part of your journey.
Over time I’ve had a number of people coming to me and they’ve been disappointed that things haven’t worked – even though they have done everything right. They’ve followed the system – but it didn’t work.
The difference between success and failure – is how you manage yourself at this point.
How you fail and manage this failure gives you the foundation for how you succeed in the future. In other words – how you manage failure is your measure.
When we use the word failure – this is what we are talking about. If you have a successful mindset you are probably not relating to this word at all. The real successful people – relate to failure – as another step in the process. It’s not an end in itself.
To give you an example of this:
• The inventor of the light bulb – Thomas Edison – is reported to have tried over 2,000 different ways of making the light bulb work.
• I want you to think back yourself – when was the last time you tried something 2,000 – getting 1,999 failures and were still encouraged to move onto the next step?
• How does someone like Thomas Edison – keep going 2000 particularly if someone is saying that it can’t be done.
• There are a whole bunch of reasons why Thomas Edison could have given up – but he didn’t.
• “I’m not discouraged because with every wrong step I’ve just found 10,000 ways to make it work!”
• Many of lifes failures are because they did not realize how close they were to success before they gave up.
How can some people make Internet businesses work – and other people don’t?!
Daryl and I give say 10 people a step by step process – and there will be 10 different interpretations of what we have said. People interpret what they want to into things and put their own slant on it. This is not a bad thing – it’s what makes us unique. If you give a song to 10 artists – they’ll interpret it in 10 different ways
When it comes to a process or formula – sometimes the slant or access we put on that formula has a crippling effect to the outcome of that system. I ask people – how much is your success due to what you know or what you think you know and your attitude. 90% comes down to your mind set.
The how to is a small part of the overall success – so if you are bringing your headspace to it with the right attitude – then you need to understand that this is a big part of your success factor. Sometimes it’s not just good enough to do the steps, you have to do the steps with the right intent. Understand failure is part of that.
Daryl and I tell you when launching into a new niche – out of 20 possible ideas when we are originally brainstorming – 1 is a goer. When we put those 20 down on paper – we think they are all great. In fact, some that generally fail – I often think are fantastic. Inherently, we have 19 failures to one success. You want to fail small and quickly and roll out and consolidate on the big winners.
Recognise that you are going to have some failures – and not everything is going to work. Don’t get hung up on the failures and don’t take it personally and certainly don’t take it as an indictment of who you are! Champions know they are champions – they have a belief that they have failed in an attempt at that point – but they are not a failure.
How do you think about yourself when something fails – do you think “I am not very clever” or “I can’t do this”? Where is your head when you can’t get something to work for you? Most other people look outside themselves and blame others. Don’t fall prey to the victim mindset. It doesn’t serve you and does not exist in a successful persons mindset.
Whenever you do something new or challenging and get outside your comfort zone – this is when this stuff crops up.
This is certainly true for Daryl and I. For me – being in business is one of the best personal development courses out there. If you really want even more of a challenge go into business with your partner!
We have a couple of processes to identify the problem and to change it. One we use and endorse is described below:
This technique is a 7 step process.
Once you identify an issue – that goes a long way towards solving it – we find it super charges the results if you change it and replace it with something else. this is because unless you shift the problem at a subconscious level you don’t make much change.
The Sedona Method works very quickly and another method is time tracking – it is a longer method, but works very effectively. The first time I did this I felt it was too easy – and couldn’t possibly have worked. It makes a huge difference – don’t be surprised though if at first it doesn’t feel like it has made a difference.
Get into a relaxed state – into your alpha or meditative state – you need to have time to spend on you, in a place where you can’t be interrupted.
If you identify that the belief is not still serving you, you can change it using the Sedona method:
1. Describe the emotion (eg frustration, shame)—what does it look like, how big is it, what colour is it?
2. Put your hand on where the emotion sits in your body. It may be a grey thing – clutched around your throat – or a heavy basketball in your stomach – or a restricting wetsuit.
a. Visualise it
b. In a meditative state – really experience it as something real
c. Then answer these questions:
3. If you were given the opportunity to let this feeling go, could you?
4. If you were given the opportunity to let this feeling go, would you?
5. If you would let it go, when would you?
a. If 3, 4 and 5 is yes – go to step 6
6. Use a symbolic way to let go of that feeling – feel yourself and visualise yourself getting rid of it.
a. Once you’ve done that it’s important to fill the vacuum with something.
b. Use a symbolic way to replace the old feeling with a new feeling, to fill the vacuum
c. If you don’t replace it with something else – it will come back.
7. Repeat the process if the feeling has moved but is not yet positive, eg moved from fear to anxiety.
a. Sometimes you have diminished it – but it’s still negative
b. Go through the steps again and work on the new feeling and replace it with a positive one
It can be done in 10-15 minutes. I use this and it makes a world of difference.
Remember, if you are not failing – you are probably not doing anything!
To me that is scarier than not doing anything!
A FULL Day of Mindset Training with Me
From the 8th-11th November, Daryl and I will be sharing with you the system that has enabled us to create a successful business (so you don’t have to fail!!!).
If you come along, follow the steps Daryl and I will teach, you’ll give yourself a great chance of getting ahead and learning from our failures! I can guarantee it will be worth your while. Secure your seat NOW as tickets are getting gobbled up quickly! On Day 4 we spend nearly the entire day on mindset.
I look forward to seeing you there!
Posted on 27. Aug, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
Adam’s business in the natural health industry had always made him money, but as Adam’s priorities shifted he started a family and wanted to start decreasing stress in his life – he knew there was a better way.
Adams’ dilemma was one many businesses face – having large amounts of profits coming from a few key clients, being tied down in the business, and dealing with stressful clients. His business was not scaleable, and with a growing family, Adam found he didn’t have the time he wanted.
Adams journey is a powerful lesson for anyone looking to scale their business, earn more money with less effort!
You can listen to some of the fantastic results Adam has achieved in the video.
Here are some of the key lessons Adam has learned in his journey:
- Challenge yourself on how much you are worth. Don’t be tied down to your own pre-conceived ideas. How much value could you add to someone using your product/ service? What is that really worth?
- Systems are critical for freeing up your time as an entrepreneur. If thats not your skill, find someone who does it well and hire them!
- Go and reward yourself for small (and big) victories. This is an awesome way to positively reinforce all your hard work and gets your eager to achieve your next target!
- Let go of all your preconceived ideas and notions when getting high level mentoring and coaching. Those that are doing what you want to do have the ability to see what you need to be doing. Listen to them, action it and don’t resist!
Would you like to be challenged to take your idea and turn it into an online income stream?
For a limited time, get you FREE 4 day workshop tickets by clicking on the ticket image below.
Come and listen to more inspiring business builders just like Adam.
See you there!
How I Gained 75% of My Time Back and Tripled My Clients
I’ve been a member, I’ve been involved with Andrew and Daryl for some time, but also in their high level coaching program called Millionaires Club – I don’t know if you’ve heard about that yet but you may do – which was officially about a year ago. So officially, I kind of finished my involvement a year ago. I’m not going to stand here and tell you about making millions of dollars because that hasn’t been the focus for me and I’ll explain why.
Twelve months ago I finished the program. What the business looked like? I help natural health practitioners, sometimes physical therapist, integrated GPs, but mainly natural health people run a better business, make money and really help them value themselves and get themselves and give them what I call the a soap box. I give them a platform to stand on to help them be as good as they can be in the community.
It’s my strong belief that natural health is a way forward typically from a preventive health point of view. That sort of message needs to be out there. What I do is help practitioners position themselves to connect their solution with people like Isabel who need the help. I put those two things together. That’s what I see as my role.
However, this is what life looked like. Money wise I was making a really good living. I was charging about $10,000-$12,000 a year, which I thought at the time was great. I have about 30 clients and that adds up some good money. Typically, when you run your own business or being 9 to 5 and sort of done the traditional style of business, that looks great for the first while and it was until you get to a point when you think, “You know what, I’m kind of shackled to this.”
One of my big values is to have all the freedom and have a great lifestyle and I realised that having 30 or so clients didn’t give me that lifestyle I was looking for long-term. My motto is live life unleashed. It was about two or three years of running in about that level of 30 odd clients, I really realised I wasn’t living that way, which started to feel completely incongruent and it upset me greatly. I feel I’m out of congruency with something and I’m not living up to my values. Life just tends to look like shit all of the sudden. I got to change it. I can’t put up with it.
The frustration with that model was there’s high emotional output to only about 30 people, 30 health practitioners. How many people know a health practitioner who is fantastic on what they do, absolutely shocking at business? Very, very common, right? So, the need for what I was doing is huge but my capacity was very small, 30 people. I was delivering something every month.
Personally, I felt like I got very involved with clients, they’ll keep me up at night like a heart share was there, which is one of my strengths but also I was losing sleep. So, it wasn’t scalable. I could see that worldwide there’s this epidemic and preventable health issues going on and I’ve got 30 clients I had all making scalable.
Then Andrew and Daryl came into my life. We knew each other through various coaching groups. You guys may be here for this reason yourself now, is it? You got anything in your head. I really need some help for the right people to come along and speed this process up or give me a piece of the puzzle. I was thinking that way and I was returning from a workshop in Sydney and sat down in my seat in the flight and I looked across the aisle and there’s these two sitting there.
“Hey guys,” and chatted, “What’s happening with you? How do we get mentored by you guys now?” I asked the question, I put it out there. One thing led to another and I ended up in their group like this very shortly afterwards. Synchronicity or whatever works for me I guess.
One of the things these guys did for me which was profound was they pushed me. You know you get pushed out of your comfort zone? I think they pushed me into a new comfort zone which was important. You don’t want wise to be uncomfortable about going to a new comfort level. Always working from a paradigm of “I’ve got 30 clients and they need me so much that they can’t do it without me,” and they really challenged me on that.
Andrew particularly just nailed me on it and he said, “Mate, look at this really seriously.” He really challenged me on that notion and it really put me on the spot. But I went with it and I surrendered to the process which is my recommendation for you. If you’re going into one of these programs, just be in it completely, don’t pre-judge it. Don’t think, “I can do it better.” Don’t change it, just surrender to it, and go with it. I discovered new ways of doing things, which is really cool.
They also challenged me on how much I was worth. I’ll show you the results of that equation in a minute. I learned I didn’t have to do it myself because I tend to do things the hard way. I’m one of those guys that like to beat the head against brick walls until you see a gap in the bricks. Andrew and Daryl taught me that there’s a system. Just follow the system, it’s very simple.
What I did was systemise the program and for me doing this is it nails you like a plane taking off, you’ve got to give full throttle to get off the ground and in the air. Once you’re in cruising altitude you can pull back a bit. So it’s a tough thing for me, I found it difficult because it took a lot of discipline.
Systemising stuff is like having my teeth pulled for me. I really didn’t find it much fun. But I did it for a short while and created a system that was then was scalable and replicable. I created what we call now the fast track system, which is $5,000 or $6,000 program. It doesn’t involve my time, so it’s a fully leveraged system. I also created a membership site called the Hidden Profits Kickstart. Again, it’s my material but none of my time involved.
My personal time went from $12,000 into $24,000. So, all of a sudden they challenged me to be with that and all of a sudden I was with that. People have wound up happily prepared to pay me that for giving what I used to give away for $12,000 was now $44,000. That’s not necessarily about the money by the way. It’s about valuing one’s own knowledge and worth.
The first thing you do when that happens is go buy a sports car, which isn’t necessarily the right investment advice, but it’s the truth. That was a cool thing to reward myself.
It’s an interesting thing. I joined a whole bunch of new members up in June last year on this fast track system. I’m selling a lower level system that now I had leveraged. I could take as many new clients as we wanted. I got this $100,000 rule which is I won’t involve myself in a project or a business running unless it’s worth $100,000.
By the way, when I set that rule for myself, it felt ridiculous that I said it. I think Andrew gave me the strategy actually. He said, “Set a rule for yourself – the sandbox you’re prepared to play in.” One hundred thousand sounds good. Of course, every workshop we ran, you make $100,000 – not over, not under, just $100,000. I can grow sales.
About a month later, I’m a new dad. This little girl showed up and I just could not for the life of me get excited about talking to clients anymore. I don’t give a monkey about all your crap. I just, honestly, couldn’t handle it. I mean it. I couldn’t take it. Not because I didn’t care, I just didn’t have the capacity. I had all the stuff at home. And I also wanted to be at home.
So, I sacked a bunch of clients who were on the old rate. They’re on the old $12,000 a year, lots of time, my time. This new bunch had come on board at the new rate – they were fine. But because I had these new people on, I could confidently say to these other people, “Look, I’m sorry. We’re done. With all due respect, we’re done. I just can’t handle anymore.” I want to be home. I want to be with my kid.
What happened is now I’ve moved on. But basically, I ran a replacement income by running through these workshops, $100,000 to replace what I was making before. I didn’t have to do much for it. My one-on-one involvement with these people went from all year of my time and all my emotional energy now it’s a system and they get the results. They’re getting results but I don’t have to put my heart and soul into it. I get time with my girl.
This is where I really put this back to Andrew and Daryl. It’s because of their involvement and they push me on “this is it,” there’s a whole lot more therapists in the country and worldwide who will get the benefit of this knowledge now. Really, that they need it. Now we’ve got the capacity to go out and service everybody who needs it, which I’m really proud about.
This is what it looks like now. I love selling the program. The clients, funny enough, they didn’t need me after all. They will get the same results. So they actually get great results. I put it together in such a comprehensive manner. The resources are there if they need it, so they don’t need me as much as they used to.
Forty-five clients and I’ve got six people at this high rate. My personal aim and this is not a money equation, it’s a value equation. I want to be of value to about $120,000 a year to global health leaders worldwide. That’s what I want to be worth as a consultant.
My new theme is to be a global service. All of a sudden this veil is lifted. I don’t have to be tied into servicing people. I now got the capacity. I’m going to do whatever I want just because I want, which is really exciting.
This is what it’s really about. This is part of what’s opened up. I really understand why I’m in the business now. We’re about creating a change in our culture. We’re about empowering natural health practitioners, empowering people to go and spread the word of preventative health from the soap box.
Natural health practitioners need a good business to be able to do that. They need the marketing tools to be able to do that. They need the expert positioning tools we give. By doing that, there’s a chance of making a global change. I don’t believe the government can do it. I don’t believe the western health system is really on the path to doing that.
That’s what we’re about, the rationality. The new name, the new business is “Health Leaders Academy – Where Passion for Practice Meets Business Success.” You’re going to hear a lot more about us. I invite you to stay tuned. The new website is up next week.
This is probably what really shifted for me. I’ve got my mojo back. I’m really excited about it again because our new book is about to go out “What Every Natural Health Therapist Needs to Know About Business.” We’re about to go out and do some big stuff for people and empower a whole bunch of practitioners.
Best of all – that’s swimming lessons. We get to do that every Thursday. This is the thing. I’ve got a lot of mates who are working and trading time for money. I guess a lot of guys you meet everyone else who seems to have kids at the same time and I’ve got all these other mates who don’t get to see their kids grow up at home. They’re at work 10-12 hours a day or in traffic.
My little girl, she was crawling for the first time two days ago. That’s a photo of her in the office. The second crawl of her life and I’m there. So, it’s pretty cool. I’ve got the freedom to do as I choose.
This is a view outside the office in Byron Bay. This is about 50 minutes across the road. Every afternoon we go surfboat rowing. One of my big things is this. Freedom and lifestyle is I get to spend the time with my girl. I get to spend time with my health and for fitness.
I don’t like sitting in front of a computer. Funny saying it to a bunch of Internet marketing workshop, “I actually don’t like computers.” There are tools. If you don’t like sitting in front of them all day, physically it doesn’t do me any good. I want to be outside doing stuff. I love networking and talking and stuff, and being in business and strategising. Sitting in front of this? No. I pay people to do that and I get to do what I want.
That’s been pushing me to explore my value, outsource, live to my passion, live to my values. It’s been a real gift from Andrew and Daryl for me and gave me the tools to make that a reality, will turn my passion into what I hope to become into the worldwide shift in the natural health industry.
Thank you, guys.
Posted on 27. Jun, 2013 by Our Internet Secrets.
June’s workshop was an amazing event, thank you to everyone who invested 4 days to come along and learn. We hope you learned some excellent strategies and got to meet some fantastic people.
Here are some of the highlights of the event for those of you who couldn’t make this one:
- Andrew and Daryl as always gave 110% and because there were so many questions, some of the days didn’t end up finishing until 6-6:30! We had a mixed contingent of participants from all industries who all had a great time getting to know each other.
- Our Business Builder Competition was a huge hit, this time with a slightly different format. Andrew and Daryl interviewed the business builders about their journey since coming to the workshop. Although the format was different, the presentations still all delivered. We had 6 inspiring journies shared with us. Special thanks to Julie Hillier, Gail Bennell, Julie Lewin, Matt and Liz Raad, Galia Cornish and Terri Nicholson for their presentations. This was the closest competition ever, with just a handful of votes separating the top 4 competitors. And after the afternoon tea break we had a dead heat count for first place! A last minute voting form came in to crown Julie Lewin the winning business builder. Congratulations Julie!
- Our major showbag prize draw was highly anticipated, with over $20,000 worth of amazing gifts and prizes for one lucky winner. The prize included a sexy top of the line iPad mini, mentoring, courses, a day with Andre and Daryl, flights and even a gorgeous weekend away at the Palazzo Versace. Needless to say everyone in the room was sending out positive karma when the winning entry was pulled out from the barrel. Congratulations to Julie Warren for sticking around for the entire workshop and being the lucky winner! You have won a life changing suite of prizes, we hope you enjoy them.
- Guest speakers Matt and Liz Raad, Bret Thomson and Kim Atkins joined in the fun by sharing their pearls of wisdom at the workshop. Matt and Liz are renowned for their teachings on buying and selling websites which many found very enlightening. Bret spilled the beans on the latest cutting edge copywriting techniques and Kim updated everybody on some of the latest and best SEO models that are working well for taking businesses online profitably.
- The cocktail party at skypoint on level 77 at Q1 was a spectacular way to network and get to know everyone a little better, with some of the best views of the Gold Coast at night. Lots of great conversations, exchanging of business cards and potential joint ventures formed. Thanks to everyone who attended!
Whether you’ve joined OurInternetSecrets, The Freedom Club or just took away a goldmine of cool ideas to implement, we hope to see you around somewhere in cyberspace or a future event.
More details to come shortly on the next workshop!